Shimano M520 SPD pedal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
L

l4dva

Guru
rich p said:
www.cyclexpress.co.uk do them as a shoe/pedal combo for less than £50.

Ah that seems a good deal..... Anybody used those shoes....are they any good??

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Personally I find Shimano shoes rather narrow, best to try on a pair before buying if you have wide feet...

OP
OP
L

l4dva

Guru
The more I look at those shoes the more i don't like them, I think i'll just get the pedals from merlin and go to a shop were i can try the shoes on before i buy them. thanks for the info though much appreciated!  

ACS

Legendary Member
I would give them a ring and ask, at that price I would think not. Just an opinion and if I am wong then PM and I will order a pair, cleats (with plate) in my LBS are £20

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
They would have to remove the cleats from the box if they were to not include them.
Cleats should be included, i cant see why they wouldnt be.

peanut

l4dva said:
Hi guys,

Appologies if this has been asked on here before, was woundering what you guys thort of this pedal, can get a new set delivered from ebay for about £22, I went into Evans today and they recomended this one to me over the more expensive ones....due to this having the ablity to allow your foot to float a little left to right. What you guys think of these, they will be my first set of pedals like this other than the standard flat ones on my bike.

I ride a cross bike by the way.

Thanks!

they are excellent. I've been using them for years on all my road bikes. Two side clip in means easy clip-in which ever side of the pedal is up.:sad:

You also have the option of buying a MTB shoe with fully recessed cleats so you can walk normally.

ACS

Legendary Member
Joe24 said:
They would have to remove the cleats from the box if they were to not include them.
Cleats should be included, i cant see why they wouldnt be.

The description is for pedals no mention of cleats or a box for that matter as always 'Caveat emptor'

Joe24

satans budgie said:
The description is for pedals no mention of cleats or a box for that matter as always 'Caveat emptor'

I have had 4 sets of clipless pedles. All of which came with cleats. I even have M520s, and they came with cleats. It doesnt say on that website they dont come with cleats.
Why would they take the cleats out from the box?
Would you like me to take a picture of the box that M520s come in?

OP
OP
L

l4dva

Guru
Thats exactly what im thinking SB. Most of the other sites do say if the cleats are included. I'll give them a ring in the morning and find out, will let you know.

I noticed that on wiggle as well, the cleats on there own are going for £20. Seems a hell of a lot just for a little piece of metal, or this must be one hell of a deal if your getting the pedals and cleats for £20

Joe24

l4dva said:
Thats exactly what im thinking SB. Most of the other sites do say if the cleats are included. I'll give them a ring in the morning and find out, will let you know.

I noticed that on wiggle as well, the cleats on there own are going for £20. Seems a hell of a lot just for a little piece of metal, or this must be one hell of a deal if your getting the pedals and cleats for £20

Evans are cheaper then that. What cleats are you looking at? Im sure the SPD ones are only £9 or something like that.
Im wrong
My god, im sure they were cheaper :ohmy:

ACS

Legendary Member
l4dva said:

I think, and I may be wrong, that you can get the cleats with or with the metal retaining plates that fits inside the shoes and before I am lept on from a great height most if not all quality shoes have the plate pre-installed.

Top Bottom