Shimano r315 cycling shoes size 42

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tornadotony

Veteran
These are brilliant shoes but they have been lying around for some time as they are a size to big for me and I could only wear them with 2 pairs of thick socks. There are a a few marks but they are in overall good condition. I have not not had the custom treatment on these shoes so they can still be moulded to your foot.

Description & Review Pro level road race shoes with a thermo-forming upper for a perfect custom fit. The R315 features an ultra Lightweight hollow channel, rigid, weaved carbon fibre sole for exceptional power transfer and efficiency on sprints and hard efforts. Shimano’s top-end race shoes were updated this year, the R310 moving aside for the lighter and more advanced R315 with several new updates including a refined material for the upper and a lower-profile strap ratchet mechanism. First things first; these are expensive shoes. £270 is a serious wad of cash to spend on shoes, but fortunately they go a long way to justify that, especially once you slip your feet in them. I’ve been testing them for the past couple of weeks and haven’t looked back since. So, what do you get for your money? Firstly there’s a unidirectional carbon fibre sole with Hollow Channel design, whereby the sole has twin foam-filled hollow channels along its length. They’re supremely stiff, and easily rival the top-end shoes from other brands. It’s hard in this case to measure stiffness other than based on feel, but the R315’s don’t come up short. Turning the shoe over and one of the big changes has been to use Kuraray Rovenica for the upper. It’s much thinner than the stuff Shimano used to used, and also more supple, helping to form a more comfortable shape over the foot. This interesting leather substitute has also been used on the straps; they’re noticeably thinner than the straps on any other shoes, even outside of Shimano’s range. Along with these is a new and improved lower profile buckle mechanism for the top strap. Custom-Fit technology, introduced by Shimano several years ago helps the shoes achieve a fit approaching that of custom-lasted shoes without the high cost that would entail; the sole and upper can be moulded to your foot shape at your friendly Shimano dealer using nothing more fancy than a domestic microwave. So far, they’ve proved to be amongst the most comfortable shoes I’ve ever tested. They’re also noticeably stiffer than many too, with incredible power transfer.

s1.jpeg

s2.jpeg

s3.jpeg

Top Bottom