Shimano rotors

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nebulous

Guru
Anyone got any suggestions for Shimano rotors for a road bike? I've ordered new dynamo wheels from Hunt for my equilibrium. They come set up for centerlock and I'm thinking about new rotors. Struggling to work out which ones though. The ultegra ones seem very popular, but I'm not sure I like the fins. They look a bit bling for a steel audax bike. I need 160mm front and 140 rear.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Chain Reaction have the RT70 centrelock rotors in the sizes you require. For some reason the 140mm is shown as 105 while the 160mm and above is SLX?

These are probably the ones I would fit in your position.

OP
OP
N

Nebulous

Guru
Chain Reaction have the RT70 centrelock rotors in the sizes you require. For some reason the 140mm is shown as 105 while the 160mm and above is SLX?

These are probably the ones I would fit in your position.

Thank you - I've ordered them. I didn't spot these were the same ones. Shimano seem to be promoting 140mm for roadbikes, which may be why they branded them as 105s. 160 front and 140 rear seems to be a reasonably common spec on bikes.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Thank you - I've ordered them. I didn't spot these were the same ones. Shimano seem to be promoting 140mm for roadbikes, which may be why they branded them as 105s. 160 front and 140 rear seems to be a reasonably common spec on bikes.

Good choice.

I have these on my Trek and they are very quiet & seem to stay true.

I've got 160/160 but tbh 140 on the rear might be a tad better on the odd occasion I use my rear brake as it is very easy to lock it up inadvertently. Although maybe a smaller size wouldn't make much difference - it might be a sensitivity issue during application on my part. ^_^

si_c

Guru
I use an rt70 on my road bike, solid enough. Not really convinced there's much of a difference between rotors so I buy on price. Not had any problems stopping yet.

stuarttunstall

Sorry to jump on this thread, just a question for a relative newby :smile:

My Scott Sub Cross 10 is fitted with 160mm SM-RT54 CL Rotors.... Will any Shimano centre lock rotor fit?

Top Bottom