Shimano RS010 or WHR501 wheels ?

Which wheelset for 10 mile commutes in good weather and 100km leisure/audax type rides ?

• RS010

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • WH-R501

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Alternative at about £75 or less

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Wiggle seem to have wheelsets on offer at under £70 for RS010s or R501s.

For my Defy 2 to wear after winter's done its worst, I don't know which are better. Weight is similar.

Any thoughts ? Go with the crowd & buy the R501s or give the RS10s a bash ?

I saw some RS10s on a Cannondale the other day & they looked the business. This will be for my best bike, after all..

Thanks for your thoughts..

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
I thought the RS010 was the 501 replacement....

Slioch

Guru
Also need to consider how many gears you're likely to have. The R501 is ok up to 10 speed, but if you want 11 speed then the RS010 is the way to go.

FWIW - I got a set of R501's just after Xmas to upgrade the original wheels that came with my Carrera Virtuso, and after a few hundred miles on them can say they are excellent value for the performance improvement they deliver.

OP
OP
Arjimlad

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I'm using Mavic cxp33 rims on shimano 105 hubs at the moment but winter is taking a toll on the braking surfaces! 9 speed.

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
Merlin have another 10% off wheels this week it seems so that's less than £60 for a pair of 501's (not sure about delivery charges)

shadow master

It means they take a glue on tyre!useless to most people as the tyres cost as much as the wheels!CLINCHER is the word to look for....means normal tyre and tube type.

Top Bottom