Shimano RS785 hydraulic caliper

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lpretro1

Can't quite work out why it happened, there is no water in there, the seal is intact and undamaged. My fault for pumping it out slightly but it was not far enough to go past the seal. With all the meddling I did before I took it apart completely, it was reinstalled on the bike and working although out of position, I just wasn't happy with it. I was thinking next time I need new pads that they were never going to be able to be installed. I couldn't quite believe all the bits of ceramic when I took it apart.
It's the worst I have ever seen tincaman - quite impressive

OP
OP
tincaman

tincaman

Guru
I have decided that the flat mount RS505 or RS805 aren't going to fit, there don't seem to be any adapters

OP
OP
tincaman

tincaman

Guru
MTB calipers are a lot cheaper, are these compatible e.g?

Shimano Deore M447, £18
  • For use with mineral oil which is non-corrosive and less hazardous than conventional hydraulic fluid
  • Shim-less mounting bracket allows for quick installation and set up
  • Compatible with post mount or international standard forks when used with adapters
  • To be used in conjunction with Shimano hydraulic brake levers
  • Can be used with 6-bolt or Centre Lock rotors
  • For use with resin pads only (supplied B01S Resin)

prod119952_Black_NE_01?wid=500&hei=505.jpg

OP
OP
tincaman

tincaman

Guru
Maybe this one at £23

prod112313_Black_NE_01?wid=500&hei=505.jpg

Shimano Deore M615 Disc Brake Caliper
Twin piston Deore brake caliper providing efficient braking with a minimalist design. Original Shimano parts guarantees that all components work perfectly – for optimum performance and maximum safety and longevity.

Features:
  • For use with Mineral oil which is non-corrosive and less hazardous than conventional hydraulic fluid
  • The one way internal fluid circuit makes bleeding easy, while great piston retraction increases pad to rotor clearance
  • Shim-less mounting bracket allows for quick installation and set up
  • Compatible with international standard and post mount forks
  • To be used in conjunction with Shimano hydraulic brake levers
  • Comes as standard with resin pads (can be used with sintered)

Kajjal

Guru
Can't quite work out why it happened, there is no water in there, the seal is intact and undamaged. My fault for pumping it out slightly but it was not far enough to go past the seal. With all the meddling I did before I took it apart completely, it was reinstalled on the bike and working although out of position, I just wasn't happy with it. I was thinking next time I need new pads that they were never going to be able to be installed. I couldn't quite believe all the bits of ceramic when I took it apart.

Good job you found that.

OP
OP
tincaman

tincaman

Guru
Update:
Ordered and fitted the T675 caliper@£21 and it works really well, I actually have less lever travel than before which is all I ever wanted.
The differences are:
The pads are different to the front,
You have to take the wheel off to get the pads in,
The securing pin is just a split pin instead screwed in.

T675%20caliper.jpg

Top Bottom