Shimano sandals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Size 43-44 (Shimano doesn't seem to do individual sizes in sandals).

Pretty much as new - background - I acquired them from someone else who had pretty much never worn them in a job lot of bike and stuff.

I have since never worn them at all bar a few walks round my carpet to establish that they are on the big size for me. Have since bought a smaller size.

Will, as soon as I have mastered it, post a pic so that you can see by the image of the soles that they are as new.

They even smell of the shoe shop - you'd never guess anyone had been in them.

Since (though technically third hand) these sandals are pretty much new and, cry for them, have not yet found an owner, I'm asking £30.

I am in south London, 5 or so miles from the centre - have an aversion to packing/posting and prefer to hand over. You can either pop round/up and see me or I'm prepared to meet half way for serious folks.

If don't sell will probably use with socks/sealskins (oh the horror!) as they then seem to fit thanks to forgiving design.

Will be back with pic as soon as I can.

OP
OP
Blue Hills

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I'm just down the hill from you and I've always fancied a pair of cycling sandals but I think they might be just a tad too small for me. That said, breadth rather than length is the issue with my feet and Shimano shoes, so if they're reasonably broad, they might be ok.

OP
OP
Blue Hills
Well you are perfectly welcome to pedal round deptfordmarmoset or with a bit of arrangement I could meet you halfway so that you can insert your (cleanish) feet in them to try. We have of course met.

An article on the joys of sandals and socks which, come a certain age, has a certain attraction for practical purposes at least on the bike:

http://www.cyclingabout.com/cycling-spd-sandals-the-most-versatile-touring-shoe/

These particular sandals are - deep breath for Shimano's user friendly product names - the SH-SD65S.

OP
OP
Blue Hills
Let's see how we go DCLane - I have a preference for a simple meet/handover to be honest.

all the best - have an odd image of you in socks and sandals and skintight racing gear after some of your other posts though :smile: - ah the broad church of cycling :smile:

thanks for the interest - I may be back.

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
Let's see how we go DCLane - I have a preference for a simple meet/handover to be honest.

all the best - have an odd image of you in socks and sandals and skintight racing gear after some of your other posts though :smile: - ah the broad church of cycling :smile:

And, lo, we have proof of what the average Londoner thinks about Yorkshiremen :laugh::laugh::laugh:

OP
OP
Blue Hills
And lo, what on earth are you on about?

(Other than your assumptions/complexes)

Back to sandals.

As i said dclane, may be back.

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
And lo, what on earth are you on about?

(Other than your assumptions/complexes)

Back to sandals.

As i said dclane, may be back.
I was joking.

*sighs, walks out, shuts door quietly*

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...

It's simple:

Sandals = audax
Skinsuit = time trial & racing

Never the twain shall meet ...

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Shimano sandals, for all the comments they produce, are a seriously good bit of kit. I wore mine on the 600 qualifier for PBP (which I DNF) because they allow the feet to expand when on a long ride, they're comfy to walk in and not hot in the heat of a summer's day. If it's a chilly day or wet just wear Sealskin socks. And thirty quid is a bargainacious deal.

Top Bottom