Shimano sandals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Blue Hills
And you couldn't be more wrong saying Mr Blue Hills is a Londoner.
Thank you oh mighty blue rauk.

For the sake of any gentle reader confused by this digression from a thread in the For Sale section about flogging a pair of sandals I will explain, with subtitles, my original comment to Mr DCLane. In the past we have exchanged one or two light jokey comments about his apparent interest in body compression wear. I was simply contrasting this with an apparent new found interest in sandals - possibly even with socks now and again as referenced in that sandal celebrating link of mine. No condescension or insult or anything to anyone of any gender, religion, sexual preference from Yorkshire, the north, or even the blessed Midlands.

Back to sandals - yes mmartin - they are more useful than folk think. They never really get wet in a lasting way either for they soon dry - should have been wearing them the other week - after congratulating myself on finding a dry slightly raised corner of a waterlogged field to bivvy in, and having a comfortable night, come morning I walked back across the field and water went straight through the mesh in my shoes - and stayed there.

OP
OP
Blue Hills
It's fine - I wasn't offended in the slightest. But then I'm not from Yorkshire
:smile: Only just seen this after posting my explanatory post.

You imposter you.

For the sake of info, I'm from Lancashire though so close to the border I could almost have been from Yorkshire.

Funny old world :smile:

Might we see the condition of the tops? With online support might the posting option be bearable?

OP
OP
Blue Hills
Where are you chimp?

What do you mean online support?

If I don't sell them locally, yes, I might well consider posting but I would need paying first of course and the buyer would have to pay postage.

Are you up for this?

Might we see the condition of the tops?

Suspicious soul./sole aren't you :smile:

I just showed the sole as I thought this the best way of demonstrating the pretty much zilch wear and the uppers might not photograph too well in a way which would show wear or no wear.

I will take a pic of the tops when I have a mo in the next day or two to demonstrate that they have not been worn upside down over hill and dale.

Am I alone in thinking style might also be a factor? I think there may be subtle colour inconsistencies between batches. Your soles, unblemished though they are, are a light grey relative to some images I've seen, for example.
As for DC lane and dibs, he once sold me a pair of wheels from which the bearings had been removed and replaced with brillo pad trimmings and jacks (from the childhood game Jacks and Fives) and the rims used as anvils for the beating into shape of horseshoes.
Though to be fair he did re-imburse me.

OP
OP
Blue Hills
What a bizarre post.
1- i don't think style is a major consideration for folk wearing, or contemplating wearing, cycling sandals.

2: i know nowt about different colours of soles on cycling sandals, or for that matter cycling shoes in general, nor whether this makes some worth more than others. In fact i'd worry about someone who concerned themselves with such things.

3: i'll leave your comments about @DCLane for him to respond to.

This sandal selling has been an odd series of human encounters to say the least. Am starting to doubt their peacable reputation.

I will however try to post pics of the tops. And before posting pics report back ASAP on the colour of the tops, which, yes, might be a factor for some.

OP
OP
Blue Hills
Checked.

Soles are black - the only grey is the exposed bit under the walking tread.

Tops are black.

Insides are black.

Straps are black.

There is the odd small blue flash here and there, something that is particularly appreciated by sandal followers I believe.

Pics to follow.

Top Bottom