Shimano Steps battery powers up but no power to control panel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AbikeVT

I rode my Felt 95s to town today and after the 1 hr gathering finished, I pushed the power button on the battery which was fully charged prior to riding today.
The battery's 5 green lights illuminated but the control panel remains dark and thus no electric power.
I powered down and tried a restart with the same result.
I know my regular bike mechanicals but I am not at all familiar with the electronic side of ebikes.
I bought this bike used about 6 weeks ago and it has been fine the whole time till today.
Anybody have any advice or info?
If I can't sort this out I would have to ride my nonE bike!!!:ohmy:

CXRAndy

Guru
You need to check to see if power is reaching the motor and also the display. It could be something as simple as bad connection from the battery.

I'm not familiar with the motor, so don't know if you will need to drop the motor to access the wiring.

You will need a wiring schematic to tell you which pin outs have power and grounds.

If the bike is under warranty then take it back for repairs

Depending on the bike you may need a specific tool to get the cranks off to access the motor and wiring (which is similar to di2 cable)and there is more than one!

If you can it may be worth taking it to a shop who has some diagnostic kit to see what is going on or has a spare head unit.

That old cliché but have you tried re seating the battery on its housing. Probably wont help but still have to try it. I have this system and know that initially the battery holding casing was not attached to frame securely allowing the battery to rattle something awful. My battery now fits very securely and needs a frim push to be seated.

Top Bottom