Shimano STI compatible Hydraulic rim brakes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Are there any out there?? has anybody tried them?? and what do you think of them???

HorTs

Über Member

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
The TRP IMHO are great brakes, they are light, look great, stop well and feature great modulation.

There is nothing special about TRP but then again I would say the same about Magura as well as I have these on one of my bikes and the feel is IMHO lacking.

The TRP IMHO are great brakes, they are light, look great, stop well and feature great modulation.

There is nothing special about TRP but then again I would say the same about Magura as well as I have these on one of my bikes and the feel is IMHO lacking.

So we're now comparing cable brakes to hydraulics? When did that happen? Lots of brakes are light and stop well with great modulation, but they don't all cost £200 a set....

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
I don't recall comparing cable brakes to hydraullics, I felt I was expressing my opinion on TRP cable brake and expressing an opinion on Magura hydraulic brakes and nothing more.

I agree that lots of brakes are light and stop well with great modulation, but many of them I have not used, if someone asks me about brakes I'm unlikely to reccomend anything I have no experience off.

I personally like TRP brakes and have received great products and support from the company.

Stating a brake which from your experience is light and stop well with great modulation, but don't all cost £200 a set.... Could be appreciated by the original poster and give him alternatives to consider above my suggestions.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

why ask for hydraulics then? Nothing special about the TRPs....
Because mr h is one of the few people on here who i respect the opinion of

And after a few messages and real world feedback, i chose to put trp's on my shopping list.

Now if you can offer another opinion, with reasons why and real world feedback, i'll add them to my list.

If not, dont ruin my thread and leave through the first available exit as to not cause anyone more hassle than that is required.

Thank you

OP
OP
J

jowwy

There for my new road bike - which is why i asked about hydro rim brakes

But if i can find calipers that fit the bill and give me increased braking then i'll go with those.

At the moment trps are looking like they fit the bill above the magura hydros

OP
OP
J

jowwy

No - its for my new spec tarmac sl4 - current calipers 105's

Have you got real world feedback on the trps - in other words have you used them???

Top Bottom