Shimano Wheels, Spoke Keys and...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveal

I bought a bike with Dura Ace C24 CL wheels. Conveniently, it came with a pair of spoke keys for those enormous nipples.

Included with the spoke keys is a little magnet (about 5 mm dia) encapsulated in a small black plastic housing with two arms.

Can anyone tell me what the magnet is for?

Steve

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Magnet for your computer, I would guess.

Norm

Indeed.

A standard computer's magnet might not fit on those spokes, so they've provided a magnet which will fit, just in case you do fit a computer.

e-rider

crappy member
as long as the magnet is strong enough for a given computer, it will work with any computer.

Older cateye models require a much stronger magnet than more modern offerings for cateye.

OP
OP
S

steveal

Sorry to go off topic, but I have just brought a set of those wheels - what do you think of them?
Well, they look great, and keep the forks off the tarmac...

Seriously, I'm a 61 year old who averages 12-13 mph on my 40 mile rides. Consequently, I probably can't honestly offer sensible criticism.

I just wanted a bike to take away the doubts - if I'm not going fast enough, it isn't the bike...

What do you think of the wheels?

Steve

Mark_Robson

The Cateye magnet fits onto the flat spokes as it has one slot for normal spokes and one for flat bladed. If you use the magnet that came with the wheels then I would suggest that you glue it in place.

Top Bottom