Shimano XT 11-32 Cassette

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Would you expect this to last more than 2000 miles ?

I have just changed the cassette on my CB Dalesman after only 2000 miles. I am also now on my 3rd chain. Sprocket teeth are worn down on the pressure face....... replacement cost at my LBS is £51. Not cheap.

Would you expect this item to last longer ? I don't ride hard, but do weigh 18 stone, and have carried some big luggage. But still ?????

Have replaced it with a SRAM 11-34 and new SRAM chain. Bargain, got both from ChainReaction for less than half the price of my LBS. Hope it lasts longer than the Shimano.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Personally i'd be happy to get 2000 miles out of a cassette, coming from a fellow big lad. They are pricey these days though.

e-rider

crappy member
I really like the M770 XT cassettes and I always go for 11-32.

I have 3 of them and have yet to wear one out. I'd say 2 of them have done about 3000 miles each and are going strong even with new chains fitted.

I change my chain (XT) often at about 1000 miles, more frequently if it done a lot of muddy miles.

I did break one of the lockrings by getting too excited with a long handled wrench (cost £6 for new one). If you have a good look on the web you can still get m770 cassettes for £36 in 11-32 option.

I'm heavy too at 17 stone - although I'm very tall ;-)

I use a XT 11 -34 cassete which is pretty much the same - the current one and the chain has 5000km on them - cassete is hardly worn - I have not checked the chain (decent SRAM) properly but it feels (when pedaling OK) and looks OK

On my 5th cassete in 35000 km - generally I change the cassete well before it is horrible - in fact most of the time before it is really necessary - so yes I would expect you to get more

Not sure that being big makes much difference - but for the record I am medium - 90kg normally 25-30kg luggage

Top Bottom