Ship closes cycletrack!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
It's a good old work out climbing the hill and the dual carriageway section will put off many of the regular users.

Don't expect there will be any diversion sign for cyclists...
I went there today and there was only a 'Road Cloased' sign across the path. No diversion signs at all. I went up the dual carraigeway (not that busy) and had a little bit of fun reaching 40mph coming down it (had the wind behind me).

I am not too bothered about it being closed, but there not being any diversion signs really narked me off as irregular cyclists might not know where to go if they want to get to either Colwyn Bay or Llanddulas.

snorri

Legendary Member
but there not being any diversion signs really narked me off as irregular cyclists might not know where to go if they want to get to either Colwyn Bay or Llanddulas.
That is careless but not unusual, write to the roads authority.
I managed to get BEAR to make up signs for a diversion once, their engineer felt I was not very appreciative when I pointed out their signmaker had confused left and right.:sad:

The Brewer

Shed Dweller
I thought it was closed so machinery that will be used to dismantle the ship can use the path and keep the public out of harms way. Sounds like a headache, but understandable

OP
OP
Dewi

Dewi

Veteran
Lots of diversion signs now in place - shame they can't do anything about the 300ft of climbing.

Not much progress, they've got the cover off the front hold and seem to be unloading the stone.

OP
OP
Dewi

Dewi

Veteran
I thought it was closed so machinery that will be used to dismantle the ship can use the path and keep the public out of harms way. Sounds like a headache, but understandable
The ship isn't that close, the contractors just seem to be using the cycle track to drive from their compound to the ship - it not far perhaps they should get bkies! There might be limited occasions when they need to close the path but a complete 10 week closure is just H&S gone mad, IMHO

OP
OP
Dewi

Dewi

Veteran
View from the diversion
CycleDiversion1.jpg

snorri

Legendary Member
I think initially there were understandable concerns about the number of sightseers.
It's still worth agitating a bit, the H&S issue is just too convenient an excuse.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Real cyclists go the long way home anyway. Nowt wrong with a detour. LOL.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Contractors using the maintenance access roads on the Severn Bridge are quite happy to share the narrow road with cyclists. I cant see why these contractors cant do the same.

Top Bottom