Shipping Forecast quiz

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

subaqua

What’s the point
[QUOTE 3658412, member: 9609"]9 out of 10 for me, I listen to it every night - I don't have a ship or anything like that, but I do have two garden ponds!

yes I protest aswll, this was the question I got wrong, pure trickery, Rockall is apparently not an Island but an Islet - what utter bollox, a silly play on words[/QUOTE]
that nearly foxed me too.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Anyone remember the bit from Kes (no, not the Bobby Charlton/teacher football thing) when the teacher is calling the class register, and he says "Fisher" and Casper responds with "German Bight"?

Coming across that in the book was my very first knowledge of the Shipping Forecast, and after learning about it, I made sure to listen to it (radio/earphone/early morning/in bed; have always had difficulty sleeping, and was usually awake before anyone else :okay:)

Speicher

Vice Admiral
5/10... Q7 is a technicality, I protest.

If Utsire is pronounce OOT-see-ruh (as the quiz says) how come ALL the forecasters stress the second syllable? (as in oot-SEE-ruh).
They're talking out their arse, spoiling my day, when I listen to that forecast more often than I'd like to (inveterate insomniac).

Also, do ship's captains REALLY tune intro Radio 4 in this day and age?

Could the Captain ask his First Mate to listen to the radio?

I thought of backing out of doing this quiz but veered to a moderate 5/10.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
6/10 I'll take it.....

Top Bottom