Shipping Forecast quiz

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
5/10... Q7 is a technicality, I protest.

+1
Portland is connected to the mainland - you can drive onto it! So I claim 8/10....... And the sea areas have changed since I did my Yachtmaster and I've not sailed for 10 years!

subaqua

What’s the point
+1
Portland is connected to the mainland - you can drive onto it! So 8/10....... And I claim that the sea areas have changed since I did my Yachtmaster and I've not sailed for 10 years!
Skye bridge ? Does that mean no longer an island ?

Portland link is a bridge at the ferry bridge . The spit of land from Victoria square to ferry bridge is part of Portland . Chesil beach doesn't count. ;) I so wanted to leave the autocrect for Chesil

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
5/10... Q7 is a technicality, I protest.

If Utsire is pronounce OOT-see-ruh (as the quiz says) how come ALL the forecasters stress the second syllable? (as in oot-SEE-ruh).
They're talking out their arse, spoiling my day, when I listen to that forecast more often than I'd like to (inveterate insomniac).

Also, do ship's captains REALLY tune intro Radio 4 in this day and age?

Until recently I went sailing each year with a pal who has a boat. Every single day we were woken up by him clambering about at 0525 to turn on the radio for the shipping forecast. So yes, they do. Invariably we all went back to sleep.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
7/10 for me.

Top Bottom