Shipping Forecast quiz

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Berk on a Bike

Veteran
One thousand and six....falling.
This

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
I can heartily recommend "Attention All Shipping" by Charlie Connelly. He journeys round the shipping areas giving a bit of history about each, why they are so named etc. It is very funny and entertaining as well as instructional.

subaqua

What’s the point
And Channel Light Vessel automatic. Such an air of mystery...
45228635.jpg

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
5/10, the island one caught me out too, along with where Dogger is nearest too - When Hull came up, I thought, 'nah, that will be Humber, as is Norwich!' :blush:
Oh yes, and the 'Backing' one.... Well, I just assumed it would be Anticyclonic.

The other two were the number of areas beginning with 'F' (I had forgotten about Fair Isle, Fisher and, embarrasingly, Forth) and where Utshire was - I was getting it confused with The German Bight, so said 'Denmark'.

Oh well.

Last edited:

Brains

Legendary Member
6/10
I'm a desk jockey in a shipping company

Also Q7 is a play on words
Portland may be an 'island' in name, but you can drive your car there (at any state of the tide) on hard ground all the way (no bridge) and Rockall may be an 'islet' which is just a small island. You can land on it, and there is no way there by land.

I hereby declare Cornwall an 'island' on the basis there is no way for a car to get there wihout driving over water

Last edited:
Top Bottom