Shoe knocking chain stay

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

Out on my new Virtuoso for the 2nd time and I've noticed that my right foot sometimes knocks the chain stay (I think this is what its called, the frame bit between the peddles and the wheel :biggrin:); only by a tiny bit but still enough to notice it has happened. I'm wearing generic Adidas cross-trainers and using the cup/strap peddles that came on the bike. I've not exactly got big feet (UK size 7 or 8, depending on shoe) so Im sure its not that.

Any ideas?

It sounds like you are moving your feet around on the pedals and sometimes turning your heel in. Have you noticed what the road surface is like when this happens? could this be happening when the road surface is rough?

D

Deleted member 1258

For the modest cost involved, I'd recommend a switch to clipless pedals and cleated shoes.

SPD type or Crank Bros should be goosd and you can still walk like humankind between bike shad and final destination.

Clipless pedals will not only stop the contact, they will help you in a gazillion other ways.

Climbs are easier, keeping your foot in the right position is easier, you can use moreof your leg muscles... you're even more'planted' on the bike in those unfortunate ice/diesel interface moments when you don't want extremities slipping off the bike and making it even harder to keep it the right way up.

Clipless pedals are not a win/win....

They are a Win-Win-Win-Win-Win-Win (etc).

:smile:

I ride clips and straps on my fixed and clipless on my geared bike, I don't find very much difference between the two.

Top Bottom