Shoes for TT

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
is anybody using a Tri shoe or just your standard road shoes???

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Road shoes with covers

The time gains to be had from wearing a pair of these are not to be dismissed
upload_2015-1-30_22-32-12.jpeg

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
What you recommend rob

Bont Crono is the gold standard I guess.

Bont Zero+, DMT Pista, Giro Empire or S-Works are all low profile.

I have S-Works I got as ex demo for a great price. Covered with plastic coated overshoes, Castelli Nano, SMART Aero Tech, or some secret squirrels.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Bont Crono is the gold standard I guess.

Bont Zero+, DMT Pista, Giro Empire or S-Works are all low profile.

I have S-Works I got as ex demo for a great price. Covered with plastic coated overshoes, Castelli Nano, SMART Aero Tech, or some secret squirrels.
I got castelli nano, so will look for bonts again then or the s works to go with the shiv

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Mod Edit: quoted post deleted

No - as per my second post, i split my shoes and was aking advice on which ones to get to replace them

And yes the right shoe does make a difference as per some of the comments above.......now please go forth

Last edited by a moderator:

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Mod Edit: Quoted post deleted

Of course it makes a difference... How much a difference and whether it is worth thinking about depends of quite a few factors.

Don't forget, different shoes can mean your bike set up needs to undergo some changes, a few mm might be all it takes to see a worthwhile gain ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

shadow master

is anybody using a Tri shoe or just your standard road shoes???
Tri shoes are easier to get into,have very good venting mainly for drainage,not much disadvantage on a TT apart from early in the year your feet will be cold,but most would use covers for aero reason,so that would be a bonus to keep your feet warm

Top Bottom