Shoes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

anonymous

Regular
Hi,

I have hiking boots (Kangol from Sportsdirect) which double ups as winter boots. Would these be good to keep my feet warm in the winter?

I'm also not sure what I'd need in the summer?

Thanks

Levo-Lon

Guru
If there waterproof and warm, id say yes.

Summer is all about keeping cool as a rule so definitely not boots.
You need a vented shoe once it gets above 15°c
Waterproof socks are a good idea too for wet days. Sealskinz ect

OP
OP
A

anonymous

Regular
If there waterproof and warm, id say yes.

Summer is all about keeping cool as a rule so definitely not boots.
You need a vented shoe once it gets above 15°c
Waterproof socks are a good idea too for wet days. Sealskinz ect
What would you recommend for vented shoes? The shoes I have are pretty good for the water,and are pretty warm. I used them on a rainy day in the Lake district.

Hi,

I have hiking boots (Kangol from Sportsdirect) which double ups as winter boots. Would these be good to keep my feet warm in the winter?

I'm also not sure what I'd need in the summer?

Thanks

Try them: if they're confortable and work, stick with them. I cycle in my steel capped work boots all year round because I am incredibly lazy and can't be faffed swapping footwear around, but that's just me.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

anonymous

Regular
Summer cycling shoes are vented.
Or as above trainers ect
Cool. Already own Reebok Flexweave's that I have for the gym so that'll dofor the summer! I guess I'm fairly sorted on the shoes front. Given that my Kangol hiking boots are quite warm, do I really need windproof socks? I'll ordinarily have overtrousers on

vickster

Legendary Member
Cool. Already own Reebok Flexweave's that I have for the gym so that'll dofor the summer! I guess I'm fairly sorted on the shoes front. Given that my Kangol hiking boots are quite warm, do I really need windproof socks? I'll ordinarily have overtrousers on
You won’t want anything with too thin or flexy a sole. Get sone breathable socks too

You can get windproof socks?

Wow.

I've used whatever was in the sock drawer for 20 years of German winters and my feet haven't fallen off yet...

Top Bottom