shoot trainer / shoe hybrids

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
A

Abitrary

Fab Foodie said:
Ok in the winter, but a nice Italian Loafer for the summer please.

(cheers FF) at last we've got someone thinking about this.

I'm normally a jeans and adidas or puma trainer man, but have some nice shoes for other occasions.

Do you know what I mean about those strappy trainer / shoe things, that are like some foot extension to a david beckham gillette mach 3 advert?

longers

Legendary Member
Do they have thin soles?

OP
OP
A

Abitrary

MacBludgeon said:
bit of a tosser tonights Abs, struggling for material?

thanks for calling me a tosser. You've made me realise what a tosser I am.

If there is any way that I can make it up to you, then please let me know.

longers

Legendary Member
Abitrary said:
I want to stamp on their feet.

I don't like them much but that's not the fault of the people who buy them, it's the people who design them that are to blame.

I'm glad you toned down the original post as that was over the top.

OP
OP
A

Abitrary

macys+cole+haan+air+granada+strap+sport+slip-on+shoe.jpg

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Abitrary said:
thanks for calling me a tosser. You've made me realise what a tosser I am.

If there is any way that I can make it up to you, then please let me know.

just a bit gutted, I tune into your threads for a laugh, this one missed for me, but I felt the urge to share

longers

Legendary Member
Abitrary said:

I thought you meant the ones with six leather strips or more sewn onto the sides as "detailing".

Plenty of people find velcro easier to use than laces.

OP
OP
A

Abitrary

Gerry Attrick said:
Have you really thought why elderly chaps buy such shoes? No? Well have you heard of arthritis? It screws up fingers badly (and other bits) so that such people cannot manipulate laces. Carry on ranting though.

If I *ever* caught my dad letting himself down with such shoes, then we'd be on a plane to switzerland.

If you can't use laces, then buy slip-ons, or crocs or something.

I'll be inheriting my dads shoes when he dies, and I always encourage him to buy something a bit nice, gussetted chelsea boots for example.

And yes, he does have arthritis.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Abitrary said:
(cheers FF) at last we've got someone thinking about this.

I'm normally a jeans and adidas or puma trainer man, but have some nice shoes for other occasions.

Do you know what I mean about those strappy trainer / shoe things, that are like some foot extension to a david beckham gillette mach 3 advert?

Abs, I have to agree with you on this one. They're an abomination... I'm expecting to see many teamed-up this summer with 3/4 length 'trousers' and footie shirts/shorts.

They're probably OK on old people that like beige though.

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
Abitrary said:
If I *ever* caught my dad letting himself down with such shoes, then we'd be on a plane to switzerland.

If you can't use laces, then buy slip-ons, or crocs or something.

I'll be inheriting my dads shoes when he dies, and I always encourage him to buy something a bit nice, gussetted chelsea boots for example.

And yes, he does have arthritis.
:smile:..(I think)

OP
OP
A

Abitrary

Fab Foodie said:
Abs, I have to agree with you on this one. They're an abomination... I'm expecting to see many teamed-up this summer with 3/4 length 'trousers' and footie shirts/shorts.

They're probably OK on old people that like beige though.

uh, thank you (I thought the late night presbyterian whisky sodden scottish lot were going to lynch me).

The worst thing about those shoes is the fact that they don't have decent soles, and you're more likely to twist your ankle.

Top Bottom