Shop Assistants & Salesmen

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
I seem to have missed the day when people seriving the great general public were told ~

When serving a customer you no longer have to look at the customer and smile , you can now carry on chatting to the other shop assistant stood with you, chat about what your doing that night and moan about the shifts you have to do this week , and if the customer should butt in to get change hand it to them without actually having to look in there direction.

On the other hand when was made acceptable to stand at the till talking on a mobile phone whilst the shop keep is trying to serve and having to wait for breaks in the conversation to hand back change etc,,,,, here is a tip PUT the bloody phone in the pocket till you get out of the shop!

Your shop assistants have colleagues? My local ones have mobile phones!

You must live in a high class area
thumbsup.png

Tyke

In my local shop I keep seeing people in PJ bottoms shouldn't we get dressed before going shopping?

Cafe at edinburgh castle has all that as reminders on the till, one of those touch sensiteve things. Something like, 'smile','make eye contact', 'thank customer'. I wasn't working there, just visiting and buying a very overpriced thimble of tea and happened to notice whilst paying, but really, should they staff need prompting?

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Cafe at edinburgh castle has all that as reminders on the till, one of those touch sensiteve things. Something like, 'smile','make eye contact', 'thank customer'. I wasn't working there, just visiting and buying a very overpriced thimble of tea and happened to notice whilst paying, but really, should they staff need prompting?

Should staff need their interactions written out rigidly on a clearly defined set of prompts from start to finish on exactly what you should say? It tends to wind some people up a lot.

Top Bottom