Shopping in Lycra

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I cycle to work usually in Lycra. On the way home, I sometimes go to supermarket. I carry a big box on the rack and it can take quite bit of shopping. So I spend 20 minutes or more in the supermarket with trolley.
More recently, couple of people at work make comments about me coming to work in Lycra. I meet them on the corridor on the way to changing room after parking my bike. They were just teasing me and not making bad remarks or anything like that.
Now this has made me bit self concious and feeling awkward to go to the supermarket in Lycra.
I would be very interested to know the views of cycling community.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Who cares what other people think.

stephec

Legendary Member
I agree but it is good to know I am not the odd one out. The box on rear rack itself draws some attention but I don't care.

You've answered your own question here, and you're not the odd one out you're you.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I cycle to work usually in Lycra. On the way home, I sometimes go to supermarket. I carry a big box on the rack and it can take quite bit of shopping. So I spend 20 minutes or more in the supermarket with trolley.
More recently, couple of people at work make comments about me coming to work in Lycra. I meet them on the corridor on the way to changing room after parking my bike. They were just teasing me and not making bad remarks or anything like that.
Now this has made me bit self concious and feeling awkward to go to the supermarket in Lycra.
I would be very interested to know the views of cycling community.

Have you seen me in lycra? I feel no shame. Neither should you.
me kilt.jpg

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
At 59, I've never had a problem with it. There was a guy I was working for who used to mention my ''knobbly knees'' but I soon realised he was overweight, overdressed and drove a gold-coloured Lexus, so it never was never going to bother me. I took it as envy.

But if it happens to me, I'm now preparing my riposte. How about, ''I'd prefer it if you looked at me in the eyes rather than in my thighs''?

Top Bottom