Shopping in Lycra

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
So do I, mind you that's because I don't wear pyjamas. :smile:
Are you a onsie sort of chap then ^_^

yello

We're having building work done at the moment and yesterday there was 6 builders and plumbers at work. I must admit to feeling a tad self-conscious when I arrived home after a ride, all sweaty and lycra clad.

One can rationalise but that's in response to the feeling.

screenman

Legendary Member
Cycling was invented for Lycra, wear it with pride. I bet most comments people may have had when wearing it comes from fat lazy lardy types, tell them what they look like and it touches a nerve.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Cycling was invented for Lycra, wear it with pride. I bet most comments people may have had when wearing it comes from fat lazy lardy types, tell them what they look like and it touches a nerve.

I remember being heckled along the lines of "Done up for the Tour de France when he's only riding to the f*****g station", when I dismounted the tourer at Crewe. (I had baggy shorts on, but was wearing a cycling top).

The irony that the heckler had dressed in tracksuit, and expensive trainers in order to lounge around on a bench, occasionally messing with his phone, seemed to escape him.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
[QUOTE 3149168, member: 30090"]I would not do it, there is a time and a place. The overall cyclist fascination with Lycra is slightly worrying as well. I prefer shorts and a t-shirt when out on the bike commuting.[/QUOTE]
I would prefer such attire, and used to use it, but found it would be sodden with sweat by about halfway through my ride in. Slow down they said... it then takes nearly two hours was my reply.

screenman

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 3149168, member: 30090"]I would not do it, there is a time and a place. The overall cyclist fascination with Lycra is slightly worrying as well. I prefer shorts and a t-shirt when out on the bike commuting.[/QUOTE]

Would you swim in an overcoat or a pair of overalls? There are as we know many different types of cycling, yours will likely be different to mine.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
I would prefer such attire, and used to use it, but found it would be sodden with sweat by about halfway through my ride in. Slow down they said... it then takes nearly two hours was my reply.

Horses for courses, innit. I don't get into bibs & jersey for a 4 mile errand, but I'd not ride a fast 60 in jeans and rugby shirt either.

Top Bottom