Short Lady Requires Advice re First Road Bike: update

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
Not easy to fit mudguards to a small bike. Mrs A gave up with them and settled for an ass-saver, which does most of the job.

I found this "how to" online the other night... Looks straightforward enough to do: http://gateauvelo.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/sks-race-blade-long-and-650c-wheels.html

wanda2010

Guru
I have full mudguards on my 650c singlespeed and happily use race blades on my other 650c bikes. We have options, including ass-savers.

You may have to change the seatpost to be able get the tilt option.

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
A friend of mine who is a little more technically proficient than me confirms that it's a fairly simple bodge to get the race blades to fit. More a question of measure twice and cut once as opposed to anything else.

Having spent the evening reading up about saddles and saddle fit, and having measured my bum via the tin foil & carpet method, I've come to the conclusion that the supplied junior saddle is probably slightly too narrow. Will measure it up and compare with the saddle on my old bike - a cheap no-name thing that's seen better days. I always seemed to get on ok with that one. Could always swap it over and see if it helps...

If it does, I can always look for something similar. If not, back to the drawing board I guess...

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
Well, the tape measure doesn't lie - saddle on old bike is wider by some margin. But the bracket that holds it onto the seatpost is integral to the saddle itself and not the other way round, so I can't swap it over.

Charge Ladle looks like a reasonable match for size & profile, so might have a look at that for starters.

Top Bottom