Short presta valve

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rugby bloke

Veteran
I had the misfortune of a puncture out on the road the other day. As this was the first one with narrow wheels and presta valves it was a bit of learning curve. One thing I have found is that the replacement valve I was carrying has a short presta valve which does not fit well on either my mini pump or my track pump.

So stupid question time - is there an adapter I can buy to use on this valve ? Or is there a different knack to attaching the pump ? The front wheel still has the original inner tube with a long valve, this works fine with my pumps.

Any advice would be appreciated.

S-Express

Just throwing this out there, but how about a tube with a longer valve?

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Just throwing this out there, but how about a tube with a longer valve?
Yup. Measure the one that fits and buy tubes to suit. The valve length is normally shown on the packaging.

You can buy adaptors, but I wouldn't in this case (they'd probably cost as much as a tube).

OP
OP
rugby bloke

rugby bloke

Veteran
Thanks for the advice - I was thinking that I would need to buy a new tube. Being a lazy arse at heart I was just hoping to avoid having to change the tube. I will put this one down to experience. I did not know there were different lengths of vlave so did not think to read the packaging. As ever you learn something new everyday.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
@chriscross1966 's Brompton?

3e25f12509fa4442357ae1749886cd29.jpg

Top Bottom