Shortages Permanent

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Good grief. Only commoners who have delusions of poshness shop at Waitrose. Even my butler won't demean himself by stepping across their threshold. Fortnum's or the Farm Shop is where us upper class types buy our Vesta chow mein.

Yes probs.

I'm just a commoner, with realities of need for olives, gin, general snackage and rioja now and then :becool:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
@Drago Enjoying his dinner

python10.jpg

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
It depends what you consider shortages to be. Fotex is the biggest supermarket chain in Denmark. It has all the things a supermarket is supposed to have. But when you consider It to Asda, Fotex has nowhere near the same amount of choice. The sheer choice in ASDA is staggering. It makes shopping difficult. 🙂

Last edited:
Steel bar is starting to be difficult to get hold of. Even (what used to be) common 50mm square mild steel is out of stock. Some material is on a 3 month waiting list. Prices are starting to rise a fair bit as well.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Our weekly Sainsbury’s delivery had over 20 swaps and no shows. We usually have a couple per week.
The driver said everyone’s delivery was the same and it will be like this for at least 6 months!

midlife

Guru
Hmmmm, some components to manufacture implant dental appliances appear to be in short supply. They are manufactured outside of the UK and are ordered "just in time" as there is usually no need for the dental laboratories here to hold a lot of expensive stock.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Coca-Cola's version was called Dasani. It was worse than Del-Boy's in that the level of bromates made it illegal.

I'm hoping the current issues result in a re-appraisal of 'cheapest is best' decision-making that's permeated supply chains. We're probably seeing something of the better employers are the ones without a supply chain issue.
From what I remember, the level of contaminants was fine for bottled water. It was pulled by Coca-Cola, not by the regulator.

But not for tap water.

Also another classic case of big business market research asking the wrong questions. They concluded that UK consumers don't care where there bottled water comes from, but hadn't worked out that it was a case of no particular "brand loyalty" to any one source, just as long as there was one.

Top Bottom