Shorter & Rochford

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

woodbutcher

Veteran
Don't see many of them , although I have seen a couple getting sold this week for silly money
How much is silly money? I know nothing about Legnano except for a connection with Fausto Coppi how does this one grab you?

Attachments

• $_57.JPG
    $_57.JPG
    133.8 KB · Views: 96

woodbutcher

Veteran
Or this one if you feel the need to do a restoration job....:smile:

Attachments

• $_57.JPG
    $_57.JPG
    133.8 KB · Views: 56

woodbutcher

Veteran
But back to the Shorter & Rochford OP, the bike from Bigssy is now at its' new home and already I know that the balance and feel of this magical little thing will ensure the broadest of contented grins across my chubby little cheeks for quite some time to come ^_^
Didn't mean to hijack the thread, congrats on the S&R, super looking bike. I better start a new thread for outlandish Italians (bikes that is).

woodbutcher

Veteran
I like both so yes please
Are you serious , if so l will find out more with prices and photos, l can't quite figure out how to transport them but l have a UPS account so who knows if it would be economical?

woodbutcher

Veteran
by all means find out for me and we can go from there , i would think the transportation will kill it though
Thats my feeling as well , l think the only way is to accumulate a load of bikes and then bring the lot to UK in a van, though what happens then might be just as much of a logistical problem. By the way l bought the Viscount and got a Batavius champion thrown in . lm hopeless in the face of a bargain.

barr313

I am a very new member but with a interst in the Alan Shorter frames.
I am slowly building up a data base of the frames from Alan.
I own 3 of my own and have had frame numbers and if any history sent to me from the recent ebay sellers.
What I have so far is - there are three different Alan Shorter head / seat tube badges.
The first early style is an intertwined set of Alans initials these would only have been used from the shop in Elkhorn Rd.
Second was the change to the white lettering with a outer white then Red and then gold to the outer sides of the shield. This was used for Elkhorn road and the the address only was changes to the Woodhouse Rd. address.

Can I please ask if you have a Alan Shorter or Shorter of the the right time period ( not the modern production ) could I have what information you have
Frame number - any history - style of frame track / road with or without mudguard eyes - plus anything else you might think usefull.
I will pass my email on if you send me a private message.
I have the details of a small number of frames and the numbering system so far coud be of 3 different ways to have the frame numbered !!!.
Kind regards to all Barry Adams

barr313

What I have so far
Number 132 69 road / TT - has the rear stays joining the seat tube about six inches from the top of the seat tube. Vertical rear dropout - block Alan Shorteron down tube.

2477 Road frame - Mudguard eyes - campg ends - no badge just SHORTER in white.

5847 Road frame - Mudguard eyes Nervex pro lugs intertwined AWS head / seat tube badge.BlockAlan Shorter on top and down tube.

7055* Track / time trial frame intertwined AWS head / seat tube badge.

7725 Road frame no mudguard eyes white lettering on dowm and seat tube with just Shorter plus S on head tube.

8515* Track / short distance time trial frame ( made for me in 63 / 64 ) Prugnat italia lugs 531tubing.
Has new style head badge with old Elkhorn road address but bought from the new shop.

XXXX* Road frame bought by me from the original owner who bougt it from the shop I have a copy of the sales invoice. No frame number. Built like a track frame but with elliptical front forks and vertical rear dropouts. was originally a pale bluey green but has been resprayed a dark red.

* by frame number means the frames are mine.

Thats all I have so far so any additions will be very warmly welcomed.
Thanks
Barry
IMG_4190.JPG
IMG_4198.JPG
IMG_4199.JPG

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Thank you.
What I have so far
Number 132 69 road / TT - has the rear stays joining the seat tube about six inches from the top of the seat tube. Vertical rear dropout - block Alan Shorter
on down tube
2477 Road frame - Mudguard eyes - campg ends - no badge just SHORTER in white.
5847 Road frame - Mudguard eyes Nervex pro lugs intertwined AWS head / seat tube badge. Block Alan Shorter on top and down tube

Any idea if this frame is one of Barry Chick's frames, as he used to make frames for Shorter in his workshop in his back garden in Barnet?

Top Bottom