Shorts and Gloves Recommendations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Simba

Specialized Allez 24 Rider
My new spesh allez has a razor saddle and firm drops. I need some good quality cycling shorts with gel or very good padding to stop my ass from hurting. Also same applies to full finger gloves (gel or decent padding), as pressing the brakes hurts my fingers. Evans only please as I live near one and can try them on.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
well my advice is put the padding on yer seat instead of in yer shorts... get a comfy seat.

Bit difficult to answer that question since the Evans shops don't stock all the products on their website.
Plus the lack of a price range means assos could be suggested :biggrin:
Imagine trying on bib shorts that might have been tried on by various folks with interesting afflictions already :wacko:

Mind you you also neglect to specify what you mean by shorts as this may mean you have a fear of lycra.

The Altura Ergofit Comps suit me fine but then neither my arse nor hands are suffering on my Secteur so maybe they would be of no use to you (just ordered some Pro gels at £39)

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
I was going to recommend those gloves! I have the short finger version. They really make a difference on longer rides, cutting down on the bar buzz and numbness.

well my advice is put the padding on yer seat instead of in yer shorts... get a comfy seat.

And my advice is to avoid padding on the seat as it compresses, moves and generally chafes after more than a few miles. What seems initially comfy generally isn't after 50 miles.

If you ask any of the riders who do huge mileages on this forum, the Brooks saddles generally come out as the most well loved...but they feel like a slab of concrete! Like a new pair of shoes, once they have 'broken in', they become slipper like in their comfort. Padded shorts add to that comfort, whereas padded seat covers and their ilk tend to only go so far in the comfort stakes.

ps. I don't have a Brooks, but I do have another hard saddle that broke my arse in and is now comfy for the best part of a ton.

Top Bottom