Shorts bobbling on inner thighs , shorts or bike fit problem ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I have had this problem recently with btwin shorts and Nalini shorts and I am trying to work out what causes it , its about half way down the short leg on the inner thigh that appears after only a handful of rides
Is it a case of cheap shorts or is my set up wrong with regards saddle height/ set back ?

I have used other cheap stuff like btiwn basic shorts and dhb own brand essentials in the past and cant remember getting the same issue.

Last edited:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I have had this problem recently with btwin shorts and Nalini shorts and I am trying to work out what causes it , its about half way down the short leg on the inner thigh that appears after only a handful of rides
Is it a case of cheap shorts or is my set up wrong with regards saddle height/ set back ?

I have used other cheap stuff like btiwn basic shorts and dhb own brand essentials in the past and cant remember getting the same issue.
I'd say it was the material.

vickster

Legendary Member
Do your legs rub together?

Try a higher quality pair of shorts? Endura, Sportful, Assos. Check post purchase reviews to see if bobbling an issue

I have some bobbly gore shorts so I’d avoid those maybe

How would a saddle bag rub your inner thighs??

manc_wc13_German_Legs.jpg

D

Deleted member 1258

Shorts rubbing against the sides of the saddle?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Are you catching the Velcro that holds the saddlebag to the seat post as you get on/off the bike?!
I've had that problem!

I also had a wide rear light which stuck out just enough to contact the shorts.

I've had a similar problem. After my op last year I did some work on a static bike, down at the gym. This sits in front of a mirror and i noticed that when I ride, the right thigh "kicks in" whereas the left is straight. This caused rubbing on the rear light.
I shall experiment with cleat position to see if I can find a remedy!

I shall experiment with cleat position to see if I can find a remedy!
I'd consider carefully before doing that. If you are not suffering from discomfort now, maybe that's how you are built and the cleats are in the right place for your knees. I'd be reluctant to risk my knees just to get a little longer life out of my shorts.

Edited to include missing "not"

Last edited:

ADarkDraconis

Cardinal Member
Are they a blend of materials? I work in the furniture industry and 100% of a material all the way through (100% polyester or cotton, etc.) will be less likely to pill, whereas a cotton-poly blend or a poly-acrylic blend, etc. (anything that is not 100%, even just a 95-5 ratio) will be more likely to ball up as the material fibers aren't always the same length/thickness/texture when they are woven together.

FishFright

More wheels than sense
Paging Victor Kiam

This is not a solution i'd advocating . Buying companies when you like a product tends to be more expensive than buying new shorts.

Are they a blend of materials? I work in the furniture industry and 100% of a material all the way through (100% polyester or cotton, etc.) will be less likely to pill, whereas a cotton-poly blend or a poly-acrylic blend, etc. (anything that is not 100%, even just a 95-5 ratio) will be more likely to ball up as the material fibers aren't always the same length/thickness/texture when they are woven together.
78% Polyamide, 22% Elastane!!

Top Bottom