Shorts for touring

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dwn

Dwn

Thanks for all the suggestions. I've now read reviews where I can find them and there's a fair degree of scepticism about liners - certainly for all day use - that fits with my experience of the endura version.

The suggestion of carrying thin shorts (thanks @mudsticks) looks to be a winner. I tried it today with some old football shorts and they were easy to get over the bike shorts, even with shoes on. So, ideal for sightseeing while preventing trauma of my fellow tourists.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Thanks for all the suggestions. I've now read reviews where I can find them and there's a fair degree of scepticism about liners - certainly for all day use - that fits with my experience of the endura version.

The suggestion of carrying thin shorts (thanks @mudsticks) looks to be a winner. I tried it today with some old football shorts and they were easy to get over the bike shorts, even with shoes on. So, ideal for sightseeing while preventing trauma of my fellow tourists.

Yebbut now, you'll be wearing football shorts.

That's just exchanging one crime against fashion, for another.. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Dwn

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine

I'd recommend a dress, with shorts underneath.

And over-wide bars.

You get given loads of space :blush:

simongt

Guru
Could it be a Brookes by any chance.. :rolleyes:
Well guessed - ! :laugh:
And for the record, the C.17 is in my experience, definitely fit for purpose - ! :thumbsup:

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine

I'm quite tall - but also favour "improper" shorts from time to time ... :whistle:

Well guessed - ! :laugh:
And for the record, the C.17 is in my experience, definitely fit for purpose - ! :thumbsup:

My German visitor has a Brookes on her bike - i'm going to give it a try to see what all the fuss is about - will have to put the seat down a bit though - she has 36" legs !! :eek:

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I use short liners, padded, with regular shorts or trousers. Easy to wash out, and dry quickly. I also use camping shorts made to dry quickly if on tour, so I'm not waiting for clothes to dry all the time. Back when, some cycling shorts and camping shorts had a way to attach terry cloth liners into them. Very convenient.

Top Bottom