Shorts question (warning: contains some *ick* content)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dec66

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
Just shave

Erm... It's not my legs that are the problem, it's the "Gorilla salad"... And I'm not shaving that the night before a century, I'll spend the whole time scratching meself silly...!

mythste

Veteran
Erm... It's not my legs that are the problem, it's the "Gorilla salad"... And I'm not shaving that the night before a century, I'll spend the whole time scratching meself silly...!

Gorilla Salad! Ahhahahhaha!

Mate, Just get in there. Ive got an old beard trimmer dedicated to the "oh crap, this is getting out of hand" moments. I judge this by my movements need for a machete to escape.

pawl

Legendary Member
I'm in the market for new shorts, the basic Halfords jobbies I've had for a couple of years just don't seem to have enough in the padding department for my tired old undercarriage (and yes, I know rule # 5 applies).

There is another thing, though, and I really can't sugar coat this, so here goes... when I look down whilst wearing said shorts, there often appears to be a degree of "stubble" popping through the fabric. So much so, in fact, that I'm still wearing my tights to ride to work to avoid any embarrassing lift encounters.

As I'm not about to reach for the Veet Hair Removal Cream for Men, can anyone recommend a pair that won't let anything pop through the fabric?

Stubble popping through your shorts? You are pulling up over your ears or you are wearing them on your head.
Which ever it is stop let you will get cycling a bad name.

OP
OP
Dec66

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
OK, to clarify certain points;

* yes, bits of hair do pop through the fabric of the shorts (it seems thicker or denser weaves will prevent this, it doesn't happen when I have the winter tights on)

* I trim the bits there occasionally, because otherwise certain things I require from time to time would be lost

* I'm not that hairy generally but God did make me hirsute on the bottom half (with random patches on my top half)

* I won't be waxing because that would be, I imagine, excruciatingly painful

* I won't be shaving because the irritation during the grow back phase is unbearable, as I found out when I removed every bit of body hair prior to an L2B ride (the worst bit being the area where the legs meet the butt cheeks, I wouldn't wish that itching on anyone)

* I can't believe I'm sharing this info.

simongt

Guru
Think yourself lucky; having a moderately hairy chest - well, the glw reckons I'd be right at home in the monkey house at the zoo,:rofl: my problem is getting said hair caught in the material of polo shirts. Every so often a hair or three catch in the weave and when I move or twist, they get dragged out. Ouch - !:eek:

coco69

Veteran
Wear a ribbon
il_fullxfull.883510287_izzj.jpg

Top Bottom