Should bar tape and saddle colour match?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Saddle and bar tape the same colour...among others :laugh:

31CD7432-96EB-49ED-8EF8-33C394ECDE4B.jpeg

Okay, there’s is no excuse for this one:stop: But the tape and pedals match :okay:

2E5F035C-C225-4492-8E12-CBAEB67F2758.jpeg

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
White bar tape, best way to show its a real bike and not a garage queen.

If you looked at any of mine, the road dirt all over the tyre treads and the frames covered with dust from riding over gravel tracks will tell you that they get ridden. I don't need white bar tape (or a white saddle) to keep visual reminders of use on! :laugh:

If you looked at any of mine, the road dirt all over the tyre treads and the frames covered with dust from riding over gravel tracks will tell you that they get ridden. I don't need white bar tape (or a white saddle) to keep visual reminders of use on! :laugh:

I had always assumed that at a tenner a go you threw them away when they got too dirty;)

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
I had always assumed that at a tenner a go you threw them away when they got too dirty;)

The cheek of some people! :laugh: Nothing of mine gets binned for being grubby, they are usually in that state when I acquire them. Whilst it's true that my most-ridden bike, the Raleigh Pioneer Trail, did only cost me a crisp tenner to buy (but another £40 to get it sorted), I have on one occasion pushed out the boat as far as £43 on a used purchase.
I didn't even need a lie down to recover afterwards, as I felt that for a full 531ST frame in my ideal size, it was not overly extravagant.

Top Bottom