Should bar tape and saddle colour match?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Got the revolting ex-white turned dirty grey tape off road bike handle bars a couple of weeks ago. Much much nicer with black tape. Changed the manky ex-white turned dirty grey saddle for a black one too. Much much nicer with black saddle :biggrin:

White bar tape will stay white up until the first time you have to do a roadside puncture repair or put your chain back on - then it will no longer be white. :eek: All light, easily marked, colours should be avoided on bikes that actually get ridden and not just polished and hung up on a wall.....

Nowt wrong with white tape and saddle View attachment 515698

Ohhh, that looks lush. Is the seatpost fixed?

Sharky

Guru
How about a different colour tape on each side of the bar?
My hands are black and blue after every ride ..

Jody

Stubborn git
Explain that they are in harmony. Tell him that only a dullard would demand that they are the same colour, and that if he cannot appreciate the subtle counterpoint between your lime green bar tape and purple saddle then he is unworthy of the title of brother-in-law.

Don't worry. The OP hasn't been here for the last three years. He's probably had a few different bar tapes in the 7 years since this thread was started :laugh:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Don't worry. The OP hasn't been here for the last three years. He's probably had a few different bar tapes in the 7 years since this thread was started :laugh:
Another thread disinterment. I blame the Similar threads feature. Now, which one shall I click?

Mr Celine

Discordian
White looks great when newly wrapped. After a while it does look a bit grubby, but who wants to look like a noob that never rides their bike?

jayonabike