Should cycling be a basic expectation? -other people's children

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
ColinJ said:
(They didn't appear to be, and I'm sure that the driver would have said "How do I get my disabled children there?" if they had been.***)

The fact that he said "She is only 8" strongly suggests that their age was the factor in his mind*. I suspect he maybe felt incapable of walking a mile himself.;)

*Looking at that first sentence, the quote marks do make it seem like the child was 8 inches tall, which might limit her ability to walk so far....:ohmy:

Arch

Married to Night Train
I'm not all that in favour of legislating abilities, but maybe along with all the other advice new parents are given for various ages of child (should be able to talk, walk, make sentences etc), there should be categories of "Should be able to walk a mile", just so that they realise it's not an act of super-athleticism.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
When I was eight my old man used to often take us on a walk to the Woolwich Ferry on a Sunday, 5 miles away. My mum and younger brother used to get the bus back, me and dad used to walk.

When my nephew was about ten we took him to Southend one day and walked the pier which is 1.1/4 miles long. We had to get the little train back as he was so tired he could hardly stand.

Top Bottom