Should I admit to this??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yenrod

Salad Dodger said:
I am a "born again" rider - dusted off my old rigid fork Saracen a few weeks ago and have done a few gentle rides, which reminded me how much I used to enjoy riding, before life got in the way....

Anyway, it seemed like a good idea to get to a newer bike with suspension, to ease my aching old back, so I visited Decathlon and came away with something more up to date. Have ridden back roads and footpaths on it and I am well pleased with the bike.

So much so that now my wife has acquired a new one, too.

Fast forward to Sunday and my wife and I dropped her old bike off to a friend, who wants to do some riding for exercise. So we went for a short ride from the friend's house. Which took us past the local supermarket. Which has a rather inviting set of steps running down one side of the car park. While my wife took the ramp down to the lower level, I "boinged" down the steps. I cant believe how comfortable it felt. My nerve and my bike handling skills must be coming back ever so slightly....

But was I being a hooligan? (Of course, I would not have attempted the steps if there had been any pedestrians around....)

Or was I being an idiot? Is it a case of pride coming before a fall?
:smile:

No, jsut feeling the excitement.......

Also, were you wearing a helemt BTW :wacko:

urbanfatboy

Über Member
"New bike is from Decathlon - Rockrider 6.3"

so they are still doing them? they seem to be gone from the website, they used to be a sub £300 bike a couple of years ago, mind if I ask how much they are now? Also, what forks do you get?

Mr Pig

Quote from bikemagic.com:

Just been reading about £300 bikes in the August issue of MBUK: The Decathlon Rockrider 6.3 came out on top and its a full suspension bike too!!!!... MBUK believe this bike should cost over £500 with the performance and spec it has. So its an absolute steal!

02GF74

Über Member
blimey - how big is that frame????? ;) looking at the amount of exposed seat post, that frame is too big for ya.

here is minie, '94 Saracen. (17 in but 18 would have been better)

bauldbairn

Welcome to the cc forums.

To attach a photo - when you post, click on the paper clip. It'll then go to the file on your computer that you request. Click on the photo and it's added to your post.
It must be straight forward - I'm not very good with computers and I managed it.

Good luck. ;)

Top Bottom