Should I admit to this??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I am a "born again" rider - dusted off my old rigid fork Saracen a few weeks ago and have done a few gentle rides, which reminded me how much I used to enjoy riding, before life got in the way....

Anyway, it seemed like a good idea to get to a newer bike with suspension, to ease my aching old back, so I visited Decathlon and came away with something more up to date. Have ridden back roads and footpaths on it and I am well pleased with the bike.

So much so that now my wife has acquired a new one, too.

Fast forward to Sunday and my wife and I dropped her old bike off to a friend, who wants to do some riding for exercise. So we went for a short ride from the friend's house. Which took us past the local supermarket. Which has a rather inviting set of steps running down one side of the car park. While my wife took the ramp down to the lower level, I "boinged" down the steps. I cant believe how comfortable it felt. My nerve and my bike handling skills must be coming back ever so slightly....

But was I being a hooligan? (Of course, I would not have attempted the steps if there had been any pedestrians around....)

Or was I being an idiot? Is it a case of pride coming before a fall?

Norm

Enjoy. :becool:

lifebehindbars

its great to ride free isnt it?no steps to steep no wall to large i know its good to ride,nothing wrong with saracen still my best frame (i must be sad) x-ess ltd gunmetal ed outlasted all other frames ive used to free ride.Made a good choice with that ride i bet it made you feel ever so better going down steps again?

02GF74

Über Member
boining down the steps?/? I used to do that on a rigid mtb, saracen it so happens, in stockholm but kinda lost the nerve a bit now. takes a bit of getting used to - most off my offs have been due to braking going down steps!!

the real challenge though is to ride up them!!

BTW - what bike did you get, nay photos? wasn't a £ 99 Argos!?!??!

Matty

Salad - you'll be comforted to know that on my first family bike ride on my new MTB I got a frown from wife/child for riding up and over the railway bridge steps. Boing. Was rather chuffed to get up to top!

OP
OP
Salad Dodger
Phew.... at least I didnt get a ticking off for my exploits. Just as long as I dont fall off doing something silly, cos as my wife would surely remark "there's no fool like an old fool - you silly old s*d"

New bike is from Decathlon - Rockrider 6.3

Top Bottom