Should I admit to this??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
Danny Macaskill is currently under investigation by the Physics Police. It's believed he has breached the laws of physics on numerous occasions.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
Here's photo of my Tufftrax then. If this works. It's an "88 with chainstay braks and Biopace chainset.

hotmetal

I too used to have an old Saracen. It was my 1st ever MTB and was the "Limited Edition". It had the Biopace chainrings and the odd rear brake down by the bottom bracket/chain stays. Black powder-coated steel frame, which was also too big for me because back then, most bike shops were run by retired roadies who had no idea and probably thought MTBs were "for kids" and wouldn't catch on. Actually the bike would have been OK if it had been the right size - but then I wouldn't have got my 1988 Cannondale Beast of the East…

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
I bought mine second hand from H.O. Smiths in Doncaster 20 years ago. I first met the guy who ran the shop when he used to sell BMX from the front of my mates jewellery shop. So he was used to new fads and bikes. Smiths was a proper LBS which has now gone the way of many others:sad:.

MikeO

Great stuff Salad...i'm now thinking about doing some steps myself next time i'm out lol, but if I break my neck i'm gonna blame you !!

Trumpettom001

Ahhh I had a saracen hardtrax - it was a freebie from my place of work as I had my bike stolen while working from them.... I resented it at first, but then grew to love it as it was so much lighter than the old one... now have replaced it, but still did love it...

Top Bottom