Should i ask for a reduction or refund?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I've been buying stuff form a well known cycling brand for a while now. I tend to buy a few items of clothing, especially if they're reduced in price. The trouble is sometimes i pay full price for an item then find the following day it's been reduced in price. I know it's a gamble but i'm a bit annoyed as it's not a one off but a regular occurrence. For example i ordered a jacket the other day after patiently waiting for it to come down in price, only to find a day or so later it'd been reduced in price by a third. It hasn't arrived yet but i'm tempted to pay four quid to send it back to get the ten pounds reduction now on offer. Do you think i should e mail them and ask for a reduction online or just send it back. I know if i send it back i'll only save 6 pounds but i'm annoyed as i think they should e mail customers and offer the reduction once they've received an order for an item. It's like they're playing games, i find it a bit unfair.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
You mean you want to turn back a transaction that mislead you right up to the crucial point then immediately changed the rules when they've had you.

I though you were totally in favour of that type of unfair game playing.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Mmm, i consider myself to be a good customer having spent over a thousand pounds with them in the last few months. If they had a sale say once or twice a year i'd know to look out for it, but it's every other day! They offer a returns policy and like i say i'm tempted to return it once it arrives. Maybe i should phone them tomorrow and ask them to knock the tenner off saving us both the hassle?

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member

Why do you find it funny? I was watching a program the other month,it was one of those consumer thingies with Martin Lewis. A bloke said he was peed off because he'd bought some stuff from a D.I.Y store only to find it reduced a week later. He was advised to phone them up and ask for a reduction as though it wasn't illegal to charge him full price then reduce it soon after it was slightly "immoral". They even phoned up for him and the store agreed to reduce his purchase price to the sale price and refund him.

Gert Lush

Why do you find it funny? I was watching a program the other month,it was one of those consumer thingies with Martin Lewis. A bloke said he was peed off because he'd bought some stuff from a D.I.Y store only to find it reduced a week later. He was advised to phone them up and ask for a reduction as though it wasn't illegal to charge him full price then reduce it soon after it was slightly "immoral". They even phoned up for him and the store agreed to reduce his purchase price to the sale price and refund him.

Try it. Let us know what happens.

Or just order another one now and return the more expensive one.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Why ask here?
Just phone them up and ask. What's to lose, despite what any of us think?

I've asked here simply because i'd like to hear what others think. I'd phone them now but they aren't in till 10am tomorrow.

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
I've been buying stuff form a well known cycling brand for a while now. I tend to buy a few items of clothing, especially if they're reduced in price. The trouble is sometimes i pay full price for an item then find the following day it's been reduced in price. I know it's a gamble but i'm a bit annoyed as it's not a one off but a regular occurrence. For example i ordered a jacket the other day after patiently waiting for it to come down in price, only to find a day or so later it'd been reduced in price by a third. It hasn't arrived yet but i'm tempted to pay four quid to send it back to get the ten pounds reduction now on offer. Do you think i should e mail them and ask for a reduction online or just send it back. I know if i send it back i'll only save 6 pounds but i'm annoyed as i think they should e mail customers and offer the reduction once they've received an order for an item. It's like they're playing games, i find it a bit unfair.
Don't think you have much of a chance of a refund of the difference mate TBH.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Don't think you have much of a chance of a refund of the difference mate TBH.

I'll phone them tomorrow and ask. If they say no i'll send it back and get a refund, though they do take quite a while to refund money. You never know,they might say ok that's fair enough we'll refund it, or they might give me a credit note which i'd be happy with.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
I agree to be honest, I think it's totally unfair when that happens. I tend to allow a month and if it's gone down in price in that time then I'll be straight on to them demanding a refund for the difference. I am consistent though, I always ensure that I send the extra in if the price goes up, it's the right thing to do.

Top Bottom