Should I ask the question?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
montage said:
:wacko:

So whats the score, the moderatores are letting you on for the easter holidays?

As much as i would love to make up a story about me sleeping with one of the mods(was told to keep that quiet though;)), or them missing me too much. I had a weeks ban. And its now up. So i am back.
Basicly. Much to a few peoples displeasure i guess:evil:;)

montage

God Almighty
Joe24 said:
As much as i would love to make up a story about me sleeping with one of the mods(was told to keep that quiet though;)), or them missing me too much. I had a weeks ban. And its now up. So i am back.
Basicly. Much to a few peoples displeasure i guess:evil:;)

Oh I have started a fixed!

By that I mean found a possibly suitable frame at the skip and not touched it after lobbing it into my garage ontop of my other "project"

Joe24

montage said:
Oh I have started a fixed!

By that I mean found a possibly suitable frame at the skip and not touched it after lobbing it into my garage ontop of my other "project"

Ooooooo pictures. Whats the frame?

Joe24

montage said:
I'll get pictures within the next few days. Thing is the drop outs are completely horizontal... :S

They are ment to be horizontal you nob, better for fixed to get the tension right:rolleyes:
Forward facing or rear?

montage

God Almighty
Joe24 said:
They are ment to be horizontal you nob, better for fixed to get the tension right:rolleyes:
Forward facing or rear?

Forward facing. If it isn't up to being a fixed frame then that is fine, I'll build it up into a hack bike

Joe24

montage said:
Forward facing. If it isn't up to being a fixed frame then that is fine, I'll build it up into a hack bike

You can indeed build it into fixed. My first fixed had forward facing horizontal ones.
You dont have as much room to mess about with like i do with my track ones, because they arent as long, but it will still be able to be built into a fixed.
What width are the ack drop outs?
If they are 130mm, you might find it hard to get a back wheel ready built due to the axle not being long enough on the hub. Some are fine and can just put 2 5mm spaces on and the hub fits(could take abit out of the spacer if you need and squeexe the frame in, but i didnt)
If its 130mm and you want to do it properly, look for a 130mm hub built up to a wheel, or get the fixed/fixed hubs from SJS(come front and back) and get it built up.
I have this back hub in mine and its a good hub. Done alot of miles and has been absued and its fine. I have it on a cxp33 rim aswell, so it looks nice and its rock solid:thumbsup:

Joe24

Ooooh which idiot got me on the subject of fixeds:sad:;):sad:

Top Bottom