Should I buy this.....and what is it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Some more pics.
I have it on loan for a few days so will get someone to confirm its in good mechanical order.
Only negatives, none significant/obvious.
- a few very small (3mm) individual paint bubbles on frame (not grouped)
- 1 sqcm of silver paint peel on top tube (covered (with lifted paint) with insulation tape)
- few small rust flecks on front fork. Most other will simply polish off.
:wub:

Oldfentiger

Veteran
You need to buy it imo. It’s not overpriced, and you’ll never lose money on it.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Some more pics.
I have it on loan for a few days so will get someone to confirm its in good mechanical order.
Only negatives, none significant/obvious.
- a few very small (3mm) individual paint bubbles on frame (not grouped)
- 1 sqcm of silver paint peel on top tube (covered (with lifted paint) with insulation tape)
- few small rust flecks on front fork. Most other will simply polish off.

Hucking Fell get that checked for being an original and if so buy it

Looks my size

OP
OP
Kernow_T

Kernow_T

Über Member
Thank you all for your input, advice and admiration regarding the colnago. I'm going to get someone to look over it later and give it a polish (it's been stored for 6 years and covered in this dust and a few spots on hubs etc). Any advice in the best standard product to use for cleaning?
Will standard muc-off do the job, WD-40 for the frame, spokes hubs etc?
Thanks all - excited about riding and maybe owning it.
The focus on value was based on, whilst I can afford it, I really can't afford to lose any money on it (if that makes sense)

OP
OP
Kernow_T

Kernow_T

Über Member
Buy it, and then rotate the handlebars to a decent position
Tell me more?

T4tomo

Legendary Member
it's down to personal preference and comfort, but I like mine rotated forward from how they are pictures so the tops of the hood and bottom of the drops are both much nearer horizontal. It is also aesthetically more pleasing:smile:

At £400 I don't think you'll lose any money on it if you ever choose to sell it on.

As a benchmark, I sold a similar vintage (early 90s) Decor earlier this year for... £400! It was not nearly as nice as the one in our photos appears, and had a weird combination of Shimano and French parts. Not that there's anything inherently wrong with either, but folks will always pay more for a Colnago with suitable Campagnolo components, like yours has.

OP
OP
Kernow_T

Kernow_T

Über Member
At £400 I don't think you'll lose any money on it if you ever choose to sell it on.

As a benchmark, I sold a similar vintage (early 90s) Decor earlier this year for... £400! It was not nearly as nice as the one in our photos appears, and had a weird combination of Shimano and French parts. Not that there's anything inherently wrong with either, but folks will always pay more for a Colnago with suitable Campagnolo components, like yours has.

Thank you so much for to our reply; really useful. May I ask if it had a serial number and where it was?
Thank, T

Thank you so much for to our reply; really useful. May I ask if it had a serial number and where it was?
Thank, T
Actually, I just checked through my email conversations with Laura at Colnago, and this one didn't have a serial number anywhere: just a stamped letter on the left rear dropout :rolleyes: so don't panic if you can't find one!

OP
OP
Kernow_T

Kernow_T

Über Member
Actually, I just checked through my email conversations with Laura at Colnago, and this one didn't have a serial number anywhere: just a stamped letter on the left rear dropout :rolleyes: so don't panic if you can't find one!
Phew - because every other 'legit' indicator is there. Thanks so much

Top Bottom