Should I buy this batavus pro?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Boyjo1

4wsdw51ucik51.jpg

Some more photos:
View: https://imgur.com/a/oBgsej3

Hi! I am new to cycling and am looking to buy an entry level bike. I can buy this one for 275 euros. The seller says the frame was used on a tacx trainer so it hasn’t been used outside. It is a Batavus Pro Columbus SLX NEW frame with (he says) campagnolo brake pads and a cinelli crank. It has mavic type ksyrium wheels, dura-ace brakes (of which he says they are 1 year old but they look like they’re from the 90s), ultegra derailer. Would this be a good buy or no? I just don’t want to get ripped off so am asking for a little advice.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Buy it quick before someone else does, it's underpriced by quite a margin I'd say.

Is it your size? Doesn't matter even if it's not.

Its

Hello and :welcome: to the forum.

Last edited:

bitsandbobs

Über Member
Hi! I am new to cycling and am looking to buy an entry level bike. I can buy this one for 275 euros. The seller says the frame was used on a tacx trainer so it hasn’t been used outside. It is a Batavus Pro Columbus SLX NEW frame with (he says) campagnolo brake pads and a cinelli crank. It has mavic type ksyrium wheels, dura-ace brakes (of which he says they are 1 year old but they look like they’re from the 90s), ultegra derailer. Would this be a good buy or no? I just don’t want to get ripped off so am asking for a little advice.

I think that's the wrong translation of "padjes"! It means campagnolo dropouts.

Sharky

Guru
No denying that it's a nice bike and a bargain, but is it right for you?
Need to budget for possible upgrades - gearing might be a little high. Tyres look quite narrow and max width probably 28mm without mudguards, 23mm or 25mm with mudguards.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Never mind @Sharky those are just minor niggles, get it bought. Sure it might be a bit of a firm ride but if riding over good tarmacked roads you'll be fine if you experiment with tyre pressures.

Welcome!

The bike is a very nice eraly 1990s pure racing bike at a very good price.

Is it for you? Well that depends on what you are looking for. If you are looking for a first road bike for riding for the sake of riding or starting with a cycling club, then it will be a very good choice. If you are looking for something for commuting to work, it can also be used, but you would probably have to add clip on mudguards. It would be less good off road but could do unpaved roads.

If it fits and meets your needs then bite the man’s hand off

Top Bottom