Should I cancel tour to France in April?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

woodbutcher

Veteran
More clarification now. I'd actually thought that had I been at my house, which is 4km from the nearest food shop, strictly speaking I'd not have been permitted to walk or cycle there, so would have been reliant on a neighbour to drive me. Now, I see, they've said that that would be permitted (you'd still have to carry the declaration), but I'd not be donning the lycra...

tl;dr - don't go to France to ride a bike, for the foreseeable future.

View attachment 510845
I agree completely, the gendarmes will not cut you any slack , and unless your French is pretty good you might struggle to persuade them that you are on a bike as a means of transport and not for the sport !

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
I agree completely, the gendarmes will not cut you any slack , and unless your French is pretty good you might struggle to persuade them that you are on a bike as a means of transport and not for the sport !
Wellington boots might do the trick (though I might rename them Napoleon boots if stopped and quizzed...)

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Any policeman who thinks you are out "for the sport" in civvies with panniers/baskets surely should have failed the intelligence test for the job?

woodbutcher

Veteran
Any policeman who thinks you are out "for the sport" in civvies with panniers/baskets surely should have failed the intelligence test for the job?
Nothing to do with intelligence ....it is all about results and revenue .....read into that what you will !

Top Bottom