Should I get a tattoo?

Should Maggot get a bike tattoo?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkF

Guru
No.

Only one piece of advice - make 100% sure it isn't something you will be ashamed/ sick of in ten years. Keep it simple and cool.

Yep, a middle aged pal in our 5 a-side team has "Ant music for sex people" down one calf. Another has S.L.A.D.E across his knuckles. ^_^

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
N "Ant music for sex people"
As serendipity would have it, I just opened my facebook feed, and this was the first thing: I like a bit of antmusic...
http://dangerousminds.net/comments/ant_music_for_sex_people_adam_and_the_ants_live

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Do what you want. I got one a couple of months ago [ok ok it was a bit of a bucket list thing at my age but at least I don't have to worry about it going all wrinkly - it already is]. Only one piece of advice - make 100% sure it isn't something you will be ashamed/ sick of in ten years. Keep it simple and cool.

Exactly. A lifesize portrait of Justin Bieber, perhaps.

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
(1) I give blood and would have to miss a few sessions.
(2) I used to work in Barnsley. You could tell the classy birds from the slappers. They were the ones whose tattoos were spelt correctly ;).

(1) :thumbsup:Ditto. I've given blood between 50 & 60 times now. Sort of feel compelled to carry on while I'm still healthy as they are running short of donors - partly because of the number of youngsters running off for piercings and tats all the time.

(2) :laugh: ..... Then again, anyone who will happily lie on a slab and let a total stranger draw all over their @rse ........

If I did have a tat it would probably be a Latin translation of " 'til the end of the road" (Brummie football anthem and appropriate to my love of road cycling too). Not sure exactly how it translates .... perhaps something like "ad extremum viae"? Any Latin teachers out there?

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
I saw this on a young woman's calf today, alongside a picture of Tigger (ghastly Disney version):

Tigger bounce
Tigger rock
Tigger don't
give a f*ck

Don't ask me what it means though, and it doesn't even rhyme :laugh:

I thought that was honey badgers?

Also makes me wonder how many people have one of Calvin (from out of off of Calvin and Hobbes) weeing on something.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
A work mate's wife had a swallow tattooed on her right breast some years ago. She has now put on a bit of weight, it now looks like a vulture :eek:

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Whenever you're called on to make up your mind,
and you're hampered by not having any,
the best way to solve the dilemma, you'll find,
is simply by spinning a penny.
No -- not so that chance shall decide the affair
while you're passively standing there moping;
but the moment the penny is up in the air,
you suddenly know what you're hoping.

-Piet Hein

I voted yes. But on second thoughts, no.
Go get your own tattoo
48105-a320c4c208d018990984b2879440ea62.jpg

Moon bunny

Judging your grammar.
A while ago I asked a similar question and decided not to. I am glad I did not, partly from friends and family advice, partly from realising it was just a passing fad, and partly from asking a woman I knew who was an early adopter when tattooed women were almost unheard of, when I got the kind of answers which seemed to indicate she was trying to justify something she regretted but could not go back on.

Top Bottom