Cut bits off my genitals?

• No, nobody in their right mind would suggest that

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Yes, it's the only way to smash the patriarchy

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Nobber

Votes: 12 70.6%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

flake99please

We all scream for ice cream
Gynecologist that performs vaginal cosmetic procedures involved in vaginoplasty & labiaplasty blog recommendation shocker...

The O-shot 'especially for valentines day' was blog marketing genius.

:eek:

OP
OP
winjim

winjim

Smash the cistern
[QUOTE 5205016, member: 10119"]Hopefully I contributed a tiny bit of signal that got through that noise...[/QUOTE]You did. And of course the noise was inevitable given the way the OP was phrased.

Gynecologist that performs vaginal cosmetic procedures involved in vaginoplasty & labiaplasty blog recommendation shocker...

The O-shot 'especially for valentines day' was blog marketing genius.

:eek:
So who, outside the extreme fetish community, is offering the equivalent service for men?

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
So who, outside the extreme fetish community, is offering the equivalent service for men?

Is there an equivalent problem for men? I occasionally suffer from a bit of numbness down there on long rides but nothing lasting, no serious damage. If you do, then maybe castration is the solution for you.

Obviously I can't speak for women's experience first hand but I was talking recently to someone from one of the big bike companies who works with pro women cyclists and apparently this is a common problem, with many of them requiring corrective surgery to deal with painful damage caused by their saddle. He was also telling me about some of the procedures saddle designers use in an attempt to analyse the causes of these problems but I won't go into detail about that here - all I will say is that like cleaning windows, it's a good job for a nosey parker.

You could argue that labiaplasty seems a drastic step for amateurs who are putting themselves through this for fitness/leisure rather than work, but we're talking about the US, where cosmetic surgery is far more normalised generally. You could also question the underlying misogynism in society that leads someone to consider the need to do that to themselves for 'aesthetic' reasons, but telling women they shouldn't be doing this to their own bodies isn't the way to smash the patriarchy.

If you're looking for a male equivalent to labiaplasty, I think perhaps circumcision is a closer comparison - and that is still considered normal in the US too.

GuyBoden

Guru
Testosterone-bar-300x181.jpg

theclaud

Openly Marxist
You could argue that labiaplasty seems a drastic step for amateurs who are putting themselves through this for fitness/leisure rather than work, but we're talking about the US, where cosmetic surgery is far more normalised generally. You could also question the underlying misogynism in society that leads someone to consider the need to do that to themselves for 'aesthetic' reasons, but telling women they shouldn't be doing this to their own bodies isn't the way to smash the patriarchy.

They don't do it to their own bodies. (Mostly) male surgeons do it to them, for money.

PK99

Legendary Member
OP
OP
winjim

winjim

Smash the cistern
I do hope that nobody thinks that I am in any way telling women what I think they ought to be doing. Their body, their choice. But it's the choice bit that's problematic. I would hope that any woman considering this type of operation, for whatever reason, would be able to think it through properly and after consultation with real experts, not just a cosmetic surgeon. I sincerely hope that any woman doing this is doing it on her own terms and not because of how society views her or because some man has told her she's spending too long in yoga pants.

FWIW the phrasing of my original post was inspired by a reponse to the article from the ever excellent (female) gynaecologist Jen Gunter. Follow her, she's great.

Top Bottom