Should I remove my racks?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Leave them on - a guitar will fit either side, front and rear, the bass drum you can lug around on yer back, as you make your way to the Chavland Town Centre to serenade the locals with seasonal ditties. Remember to zip tie a light around the Stratocastersugar...

Buy a new bike - its calling yoooooooouuuuuuuuuuu! :biggrin:

domtyler

Über Member
My winter bike has front and rear racks that are permanently on, mudguards, Airzound, pump attached to the frame, lots of lights and now a child seat too! The buzz of whizzing past the Assos boys on their carbon zing machines just has to be felt to be believed, especially when you go over a bump at the same time and it sounds like a builders yard lorry going over a speed bump. Personally I think it is a really cool bike.

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

hmmm...dunno...now I'm even more confussed....ok...I am leaning towards going rackless for the winter...but then again...it's a tourer so...well maybe it should look like a tourer...oh I dont know...I'm gonna sleep on it...:biggrin:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Leave the rear on and take the front one off. You never know when you will need to carry something.

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

...yep..it's purely from the cool agenda:rolleyes::biggrin::biggrin:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Why not just loosen them a bit but leave them on? Then you get the illusion of functionality, plus the admiring glances of those who know that you are too cool even to bother taking them off properly! :biggrin:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Kirstie said:
Dawes Galaxies look for more elegant without the racks and mudguards IMO. I always feel a pang of sadness when I build mine up for touring. Style over function - that's what I say...

Kirsty, i have to disagree. Galaxys were made to have racks, they look undressed without them.:biggrin:

Top Bottom