Should i sell the Defy 5

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
To fund the TCR1 Advanced fund ?
I don't really need too but as its getting close to taking possession im wondering if I really need the two road bikes .
Although I use the bike to get from A-B Its never left unattended and I have a pub bike for nipping to the shops anyway .
The defy will in effect become a wet weather bike and that seems wrong to me .
I guess what I am asking is how many of you use your best bikes no matter what and what bikes you leave unattended if they are of high value to you .

Kies

Best bike
Winter bike
Folder
Mtb

Is the correct minimum no of bikes, before the equation n+1 starts to come into play. The winter bike can be a road bike or hybrid and must have full mudguards all year round

MikeW-71

Veteran
Defy 2 is my commuter and "winter" bike now. Lights and mudguards will be left on almost permanently. Might do some light touring with it too.
Advanced 2 "best bike" still goes out on nice days in the winter, I just can't resist riding it whenever I can, it's so nice. Rode it a couple of weeks ago, roads were wet, it got mucky, I cleaned it.

I wouldn't leave either of those two locked up in town though.

There's always the MTB, which I expect to get mucky, so it doesn't bother me. :biggrin:

Or there's the scooter :shy:

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
Do you plan to do any sort of touring, if so you'll need the Defy to take a rack

I have two roadbikes and a flatbar, I ride all of them (although the best carbon least of all as it doesn't carry stuff)

They are all insured

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Do you plan to do any sort of touring, if so you'll need the Defy to take a rack

I have two roadbikes and a flatbar, I ride all of them (although the best carbon least of all as it doesn't carry stuff)

They are all insured

Ahhh theres the answer I needed :thumbsup: Gotta get the veg home from the allotment somehow and I hate driving there in the van as its so close .

vickster

Legendary Member
Job done

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I'll have to find something else to worry about now , like how to keep two bikes in the front room ! I feel a bike stand may be getting designed in the workshop very soon !

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
All these people keeping the bike in the house, how do you stop a 2 year old from playing with the bike/ knocking it over/getting oil off the chain?

Top Bottom