Should I, she, or we pay this private companies parking fine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
By the way, we didn't go into Lidl as she was wearing country tweeds and believe it or not i was wearing my stripey blazer. We both thought we were too smartly dressed for that place so we drove to Booths, after leaving the car park.šŸ§
So you over stayed in a lidl car park, without using their store and now want to not pay their parking fineā€¦ā€¦is that right???

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
So you over stayed in a lidl car park, without using their store and now want to not pay their parking fineā€¦ā€¦is that right???
If the car park was full or nearly full then no,it isn't, but i parked on the far side where there were hardly any other vehicles. So i wasn't denying a Lidl shopper a parking space.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
If the car park was full or nearly full then no,it isn't, but i parked on the far side where there were hardly any other vehicles. So i wasn't denying a Lidl shopper a parking space.
But its a private car park for lidl store users, is it not??

Lookrider

Theres a lit of infinity online about these fines
I can only advise on my own experience
Got same thing after overstaying at car park shared by wickes pets for us
After other research many said to ignore it
I did this ..I git several reminders
I got red letters
I got court threats
I finally knew they would take it no further when they again offered a 50% deal to avoid court
This then went away
And I got caught out again 2nd time sane place same scenario same result
But that was my experience about 5 years ago ...things may have changed since ...search other sites about private or council parking land and you must find same scenario that matches yours

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
You might not get taken to court but how would you feel about it if your credit rating is affected if you don't pay it- non-payment might have knock-on effects.

Accy, just pay the Ā£45 and split it with your friend and forget about it. Life's too short.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Theres a lit of infinity online about these fines
I can only advise on my own experience
Got same thing after overstaying at car park shared by wickes pets for us
After other research many said to ignore it
I did this ..I git several reminders
I got red letters
I got court threats
I finally knew they would take it no further when they again offered a 50% deal to avoid court
This then went away
And I got caught out again 2nd time sane place same scenario same result
But that was my experience about 5 years ago ...things may have changed since ...search other sites about private or council parking land and you must find same scenario that matches yours
I think there have been some cases since then which have gone in the favour of the parking company. And is it worth all that hassle for the sake of twenty quid?

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
Understand, many of these supermarkets do not even own their car parks. They sell em off to these bandits and watch you like a hawk to ensure you're not a minute over your allowed staying time. That is their business. So, really there is absolutely no obligation in most instances to even shop at the nearest shop to the car park. As for the fine? Maybe offer to do them some modelling Accy in your tweed and give them rights to the photos... :laugh:

midlife

Guru
I think there have been some cases since then which have gone in the favour of the parking company. And is it worth all that hassle for the sake of twenty quid?

Beavis v Parking Eye is the one you are thing about perhaps. Yep, I'd pay up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom