Should I, she, or we pay this private companies parking fine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
... Near us we have an Aldi and a private firm is taking the piss by fining people for parking on the white lines of the bays,even though other motorists are not complaining. ...
Crikey!

They're not doing that at 'my' Aldi... but the parking-eye cameras only cover the entrance/exit.

@Accy cyclist ...if you really want to avoid paying the parking fee for the car park you did use, owned by the store you didn't use... take the letter into the store and tell 'em a sob story (AKA pack of lies)... loyal customer, use the store regularly, brought a friend with mobility issues, got engrossed in all the wonderful specials in store, lost track of time and your Lidl shopping spree took a Lidl longer than expected... oh, and you haven't got the receipt:laugh:

postman

Legendary Member
Crikey!

They're not doing that at 'my' Aldi... but the parking-eye cameras only cover the entrance/exit.

@Accy cyclist ...if you really want to avoid paying the parking fee for the car park you did use, owned by the store you didn't use... take the letter in to the store and tell 'em a sob story (AKA pack of lies)... loyal customer, use the store regularly, brought a friend with mobility issues, got engrossed in all the wonderful specials in store, lost track of and your Lidl shopping spree took a Lidl longer than expected... oh, and you haven't got the receipt:laugh:
Then they show him leaving the car park walking away from the store,standing out like a sore thumb in his stripey blazer,:laugh:.Guilty your Honour,plus perjury for making a,false statement about shopping there.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I went to Burnley the other day. I decided to park on Sainsbury's car park. The last time i parked on it was about 10 months ago. I noticed the other day a big screen with my car's reg' number on it as i drove on, saying words to the affect of YOU NOW HAVE 3 HOURS OF FREE PARKING. They must all be at it. Talk about big brother is watching you!!:unsure:

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
That's a perfectly reasonable thing to do. As soon as they let people use it as a free carpark, you get everyone parking there for work, walks etc. Nowhere in Plymouth that I know has a free for all car park. You can't abuse parking policies and then cry foul when you get fined

I went to Burnley the other day. I decided to park on Sainsbury's car park. The last time i parked on it was about 10 months ago. I noticed the other day a big screen with my car's reg' number on it as i drove on, saying words to the affect of YOU NOW HAVE 3 HOURS OF FREE PARKING. They must all be at it. Talk about big brother is watching you!!:unsure:

Might be quicker all round if you just made a list of the rules which you feel DO apply to you. I’m guessing it’ll be a short list.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Do nothing then start a new thread each time you get a letter / balif / incarceration / hung drawn badly and Qatar...

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Mmm, quite interesting. Just been talking to a friend of mine who knows about these things. She told me they don't have any authority to issue fines as such.🤔 She also wonders why they have access to the police national computer, to track peoples addresses via their registration plates. I have an appointment at Accrington Citizens Advice Centre this coming Thursday,regarding a different matter. I'll ask them what they would do in such a situation.

I can see this going all the way to the highest court in the land!!🧐

postman

Legendary Member
Mmm, quite interesting. Just been talking to a friend of mine who knows about these things. She told me they don't have any authority to issue fines as such.🤔 She also wonders why they have access to the police national computer, to track peoples addresses via their registration plates. I have an appointment at Accrington Citizens Advice Centre this coming Thursday,regarding a different matter. I'll ask them what they would do in such a situation.

I can see this going all the way to the highest court in the land!!🧐
Flipping heck,we all have a friend like that.What days,are visiting in Strangeways now.And don't drop the soap in the showers,I have watched Shawshank Redemption.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom