Should I, she, or we pay this private companies parking fine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
If the car park was full or nearly full then no,it isn't, but i parked on the far side where there were hardly any other vehicles. So i wasn't denying a Lidl shopper a parking space.
So another example of you wanting to do what suits you and when it goes wrong you complain. Meter readings. Parking. Dog walking. Insurance. That's only the recent things.

If you spent half the time you spend whinging about these things actually sorting stuff out properly you wouldn't have a problem.

Filing would probably be a good start.

Thought I would pay to avoid issues, £90 is way over the top for 30 mins. These need to be regulated even though it is private property. It can easily be done by an Act of Parliament. We take people to court for stealing a loaf of bread but this???

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Shouldn't really park in Lidl if not going in.
I've never parked on it before. To be grudgingly fair to the private parking company there are clear to see signs as you enter the car park. I parked there because the Sainsburys car park where i normally park was bollarded off due to some work going on there.

Last edited:

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
3 local pubs got fed up with a trendy bar getting planning permission to have their curtilage parking converted to a large outdoor seating area so that they no longer had any on-site private parking. The trendy-set loved the new terraced lounge area so much they bar flocked to it at weekends and evenings. So much so that the other pubs, a restaurant, the supermarket, an apartment block, a hairdresser, the Methodist church, a solicitor, a B+B, and a cyclists' cafe all reported that the trendies were leaving their cars in their car parks to spend the evening in the trendy bar.

Result? Signs were put up warning people that they would get clamped if they weren't visiting the shops/ pubs of the car parks they were parking in. The rival bar patrons continued to trespass on the available parking.... so the other shops and pubs pooled together and hired security to monitor and charge people . The trendies then complained to the Council that they had nowhere to park and started campaigns on social media to humiliate the rival pubs- one went bust as a direct result of all the abuse they received.

Please respect shops and pubs' privater curtilage parking - they pay rates and maintenance and provide parking as a service. If you abuse it they will; bring in enforcement which only causes stress and aggravation.

Last edited:

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Pay up with your friend Accy.

Next time park out of town on a side street with no double yellow lines and across some nobber's driveway. When they complain on your return the energy for a two finger salute is all it will cost you. :whistle: Let us know how that goes as I've never tried it. :wacko:

Venod

Eh up
If you have a hour or two spare, browse this site.
http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=60
Mrs Venod got a ticket for leaving her car in a private car park, while going to another shop.
We didn't pay, the price went up with each reminder.
I think they realised in the end it was costing them money to keep asking.

pawl

Legendary Member
Some time ago I parked on a council car park The local leisure centre shares an area designated area for centre users £40 fine reduced to£20 if I paid within 20days

can’t complain as the sign was clear

3 local pubs got fed up with a trendy bar getting planning permission to have their curtilage parking converted to a large outdoor seating area so that they no longer had any on-site private parking. The trendy-set loved the new terraced lounge area so much they bar flocked to it at weekends and evenings. So much so that the other pubs, a restaurant, the supermarket, an apartment block, a hairdresser, the Methodist church, a solicitor, a B+B, and a cyclists' cafe all reported that the trendies were leaving their cars in their car parks to spend the evening in the trendy bar.

Result? Signs were put up warning people that they would get clamped if they weren't visiting the shops/ pubs of the car parks they were parking in. The rival bar patrons continued to trespass on the available parking.... so the other shops and pubs pooled together and hired security to monitor and charge people . The trendies then complained to the Council that they had nowhere to park and started campaigns on social media to humiliate the rival pubs- one went bust as a direct result of all the abuse they received.

Please respect shops and pubs' privater curtilage parking - they pay rates and maintenance and provide parking as a service. If you abuse it they will; bring in enforcement which only causes stress and aggravation.
It is a fair point

The best option is for property owner/ tenants who own parking spaces to have their customers redeem the parking fees in fulll when customers patronise and complete their purchase. Also charge a high entry fee so non customers are discouraged from entering and space is available for their customers.

What I see now is parking thugs taking advantage of the situation with high charges when the initial entry expires.

Customer parking redemption is followed in many developed countries and you never see carpark thugs operate like this.

Brandane

Legendary Member
I've just texted a friend, asking if he'd pay the fine. His reply was quote....."Yes,
That was very generous of your friend. Let him get on with it and that's you saved £45. Quite cheeky of you though, IMHO..... :laugh:

Next time, park in a Scottish Lidl/Aldi for as long as you like. Private parking tickets are not enforceable up here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom