Should I, she, or we pay this private companies parking fine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

si_c

Guru
It's not a fine, it's an invoice for breach of contract. You broke the contract you accepted when you parked there, this is the penalty for that. You don't really have any recourse, you broke the rules and now you need to accept the consequences of that.

alicat

Legendary Member
Flipping heck,we all have a friend like that.What days,are visiting in Strangeways now.And don't drop the soap in the showers,I have watched Shawshank Redemption.

You've put it far better than I ever could, @postman!

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
It's not a fine, it's an invoice for breach of contract. You broke the contract you accepted when you parked there, this is the penalty for that. You don't really have any recourse, you broke the rules and now you need to accept the consequences of that.
So if it's just an invoice, why do these skanks have access to the police national computer/database to send out invoices?🤔

Brandane

Legendary Member
I have an appointment at Accrington Citizens Advice Centre this coming Thursday, regarding a different matter.

It's the staff I feel sorry for..... :ohmy:

si_c

Guru
So if it's just an invoice, why do these skanks have access to the police national computer/database to send out invoices?🤔
They don't, they pay a fee to access the DVLA databases. That information is available for purposes such as invoicing for improper parking.

classic33

Leg End Member
Flipping heck,we all have a friend like that.What days,are visiting in Strangeways now.And don't drop the soap in the showers,I have watched Shawshank Redemption.
Strangeways, isn't that a male/men's prison?

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Anyway, i can which way this thread is going. The usual ones will argue with me just for the sake of argument, hoping to get the thread closed. I've asked my question and received many answers, most not very favourable and not what i wanted to hear, but i did ask so there you go. As far as i'm concerned this thread is on hold till i've sought proper legal advice!🧐

midlife

Guru
I've pointed to the case of Beavis versus Parking Eye in a previous post which covers all of the above about parking charge notices. Beavis lost and had to pay up.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom