Should I, she, or we pay this private companies parking fine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member

As you can see, I've been issued with a private company parking fine. It says I overstayed my allowed 90 minute by 30 minutes. Last Saturday I drove to Clitheroe with a friend. She asked me to take her as she doesn't drive. She wanted to visit a newish shop in town that sells ladies tweeds and other country clothing. I phoned her this morning after the letter was delivered to tell her about it. Straight away she said she'll pay it as i wouldn't have used that car park if I hadn't offered to take her. My dilemma is should I, she or we pay the fine? Or should we ignore it. 🤔

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Sorry about the angle of the bottom photo, but sometimes that happens when i take pics of letters and stuff.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
By the way, we didn't go into Lidl as she was wearing country tweeds and believe it or not i was wearing my stripey blazer. We both thought we were too smartly dressed for that place so we drove to Booths, after leaving the car park.🧐

postman

Legendary Member
Accy did you overstay.If so cough up but divide the cost,and learn from the experience.Don't bother fighting if you did do the extra time.Near us we have an Aldi and a private firm is taking the piss by fining people for parking on the white lines of the bays,even though other motorists are not complaining.Pay half Accy and get it over with,then go buy a watch with a timer on it.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Was your dog on a lead?
He was in his buggy/pram. This is him as we walked to the tweed/country clothing shop.

Attachments

• 20210814_161546.jpg
    20210814_161546.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom